- By LeahTherese
· New reply 8:19 pm
- In Diagnosis and symptoms · 1 reply
- Hello all! Recently I have been in and out of hospital for investigation of an elevated heart rate (being between 100-190 resting throughout the day). I have been through a number of tests including two ...
- By solson1408
· New reply 6:27 pm
- In Advice for other women with heart disease · 9 replies
- Hello there, new to this site. Found it while looking up help for heart related issues. I've been having, what seems like ectopic heart beats for awhile now, about 6 months or so. My heart feels like ...
- By mmrphifer
· Posted 6:16 pm
- In All about arrhythmias · 0 replies
- I am 31 years old, the mother to four young children and lead a very stressful life. A little over two years ago when I was pregnant with my son (third child) I was told I have an irregular heartbeat ...
- By heartgal22
· New reply 5:41 pm
- In Diagnosis and symptoms · 2 replies
- I've been having aberrant cardiac symptoms on and off for about 2 years but was either in denial or due to pre existing issues didn't make the connection. I clench my jaw when stressed causing an aching ...
- By Carobama
· New reply 3:42 pm
- In Diagnosis and symptoms · 11 replies
- Hello everyone, I've been reading through these entries and am not sure I am posting in the right place? Here is my story first and then I have questions. I'm 55 years old, very healthy but have been ...
- By DDye
· New reply 3:35 pm
- In Diagnosis and symptoms · 2 replies
- When walking a short distance or doing work in the lawn, I get the same kind of pain I had before my bypass surgery, could I have another blockage ...
- By catbell7
· New reply 9:03 am
- In Experiences with alternative treatments · 2 replies
- my 2nd cpap machine has died and is not fixable - anyone know where I could find one for cheap?? I so love(d) my cpap with its nasal pillow mask and it sure helps with the heart stuff and the diabetes/blood ...
- By jbberry7
· New reply 6:07 am
- In Advice for other women with heart disease · 2 replies
- I had a huge right atrial myxoma removed on 12/5/2013 went home had complications pericardial effusion and had to have another emergency surgery on 12/13/13. I am now 43 years old, was 42 at the time ...
- By pixibelle
· New reply yesterday at 9:20 pm
- In Diagnosis and symptoms · 13 replies
- I have FINALLY found a cardiologist that admits that I do have symptoms consistent with MVD and/or Prinzmetal! He is an electrophysiologist. I have seen him before for my afib and he did a good job listening ...
- By Carnala
· New reply yesterday at 7:46 pm
- In Emotional and psychological issues · 70 replies
- Hi everybody, I feel so alone like I'm the only one doing this. I really want to be positive & inspired. I'm not there yet. my cardiologist sent me to agreat failure specialist incase I need him in the ...
- By khorvath56
· New reply yesterday at 5:48 pm
- In Research and clinical trials · 5 replies
- Great article championed by Noel Bairey Merz MD in AARP Magazine this month. Bringing this issue more into the mainstream is so important. The article mentions that more women than men died of heart diesease ...
- By notwell
· New reply yesterday at 5:31 pm
- In Understanding microvascular disease · 4 replies
- Well I have been for my first ever session this morning after trying to get on one for the last two years. Today was an assessment and guess what: They rejected me? I failed a 6min walk test! Well not ...
- By Caroline-1
· New reply yesterday at 4:36 pm
- In Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) · 8 replies
- Calling all SCAD ladies and gentlemen in Ireland A number of us are meeting in Ballinasloe on the weekend of 26 April. It looks like it will be during the day on Saturday. Catherine Beck from the UK will ...
- By MammieG
· New reply yesterday at 1:06 pm
- In Living with cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure · 26 replies
- After months of complaining about my abdomen and upper legs being so swollen and tender to the touch, my condition has a name, "Ascites". In my case, it is from me having Congestive Heart Failure. I had ...
- By divaprincess
· New reply yesterday at 12:48 pm
- In Diagnosis and symptoms · 25 replies
- I am a 38 year old mom with 3 kids. I also have primary immunodeficiency, fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue syndrome. On Saturday I had what I would call heart spasms. I have fibromyalgia so I am very versed ...
- By Cindylou1961
· New reply yesterday at 9:26 am
- In Coronary artery disease · 2 replies
- Harefield hospital for me today... At this rate I should be entitled to my own parking space... VIP (very important patient)! Cardiologist No 4 ...
- By mysoul57
· New reply yesterday at 8:45 am
- In Coronary artery disease · 4 replies
- Hello all I have read many postings since I joined this awesome forum and want to share a bit about me. I have experienced what many woman have experienced spasms starting at the breast bone working up ...
- By Artista
· New reply April 14, 2014
- In Understanding microvascular disease · 7 replies
- 100 CMVD Patients Answered These Questions. 1. How physically active were you before heart disease? Extremely Active- 12% Very Active- 39% Moderately Active- 35% Slightly Active- 11% Not Active- 3% 2 ...
Things you can do
Heart health links and resources