New to group with question

Hello,
First time posting! I have aortic valve insufficiency for about 8 yrs now. I also have multiple sclerosis and diabetes and several other health issues. About a month ago I started experiencing heart rate spikes and blood pressure spikes, not together. I get all the symptoms that go along with both as well. Each episode may last about 5 minutes and then things settle back down. Nothing brings it on, doesn't matter if I'm at rest or doing something. My cardio said he can not treat this. I'm very frustrated and aggravated with this answer! It happens at least twice an hr. I understand why he can't treat it but angry at the same time. Has anyone else gone threw this? Should I seek a second opinion?
Thanks
Lisa

2 replies. Join the discussion

Hi there, I know very little about what you are going through. My issues are more about cardiomyopathy and heart failure but I saw your post and wanted to let you know that it is SO important to be your own advocate. If something does not sit right.. please get a second opinion. I had a girlfriend who's dr told her that the lump in her breast was 'probably' benign and sent her on her way. If she had not pursued it further, because she had that gut instinct telling her too, she would not have known she had full blown breast cancer.

Wow, I hope things worked out for her. I do say drs are not God!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support WomenHeart

Help WomenHeart reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  WomenHeart

Discussion topics

Heart health links and resources

The SCAD Ladies Stand Up -- Read the special report

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The information provided by this online support network through WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Inspire is for general informational purposes only. The information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. If you are ill, or suspect that you are ill, see a doctor immediately. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease never recommends or endorses any specific physicians, products or treatments for any condition.