Jaw pain

Well, here I am again. On 12/30/10 I had a heart attack with stenting of the LAD. So far so good for the most part since then. Every once in awhile I get jaw pain which was the main (almost only) symptom of my heart attack. Each time the drs tell me if it does not last 5 or more minutes each time, it is not cardiac. Since my heart attack I have also had a lot of dental work done and have been diagnosed with TMJ so now when I have any kind of jaw pain, I just panic because I don't know what is causing it. For the last week or so, I have had more jaw pain than usual and it is beginning to scare me to death. Each time it does not last long, but it comes and goes off and on all day. Any advice? I do not want to run to the ER every single time. Does anyone else deal with this also? I had an echo in May and my EF has increased and the cardio said everything looks good. I am just scared to death and need some input. Thank you

8 replies. Join the discussion

Hi Julie-
I don't suffer from jaw pain, but I do know symptoms like this can be frightening. I get a lot of indigestion due to other medical problems and I find myself wondering is it my heart? I think that happens to a lot of us that have had heart attacks. My advice to you is to call your cardio and discuss it with him or possibly a nurse on staff. Tell them that you're experiencing more pain than usual. He may want you to come in. I think it's worth checking out.
I hope you're feeling better soon.
Kathy

Hi

Whilst you are sleeping you are grinding your teeth and your subconscious is giving you a hard time.
I too had a blocked LAD and still have chest arm back and jaw pain.

It gets WORSE when I feel stressed or if the weather is humid or wet.
Hang in there! It HAS to improve!! You have a LOT of living to do! And your teeth deserve a break too!

S

Sorry for the late response. Computer decided to take a vacation. I appreciate both of your input and have spoken with Dr also. They do no seem too concerned as the pain does not last 5 minutes and it comes and goes and from one side to the other. Wish they had a pill for the fears....... Have a great day!

When you say jaw pain...is it in the joint where the jaw hinges? the lower part of the jaw or the entire jaw? Inquiring mind want to know :-)

Have a great day with no pain.

Hugs,
Sue

South127,
Sorry for the late reply. Home computer is on the fritz and I have a hard time getting online with it. The jaw pain is in the joint (hinges) top and bottom jaw also. It comes and goes and never lasts very long. It does not seem to be like what I remember from when I had my heart attack but after that, all pains scare me to death.

Thank you for response, I have intermittent (daily) pain for the past 2 weeks in the same area of my jaw; and when I called the cardiologist office, she felt that if the pain had not increased in intensity or migrated it was most likely a result of the degenerative discs in my neck....that the only way to know for sure was another cath and after 7 (with 3 stents in the LAD) I feel damned if I do and damned if I don't :-/

South127,
Again....sorry for the really late response. Still having computer issues and really busy at work, so not much time to be able to get on this site, which I miss doing. I hope you are doing well and please keep in touch. I helps having someone else to "chat/vent" to that has has the same experience.

Julie

Thanks Julie...I'm to report that the pain is completely gone. Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,
Sue

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support WomenHeart

Help WomenHeart reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  WomenHeart

Discussion topics

Heart health links and resources

The SCAD Ladies Stand Up -- Read the special report

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The information provided by this online support network through WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Inspire is for general informational purposes only. The information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. If you are ill, or suspect that you are ill, see a doctor immediately. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease never recommends or endorses any specific physicians, products or treatments for any condition.