CHF

Has anyone with CHF after a heart attack been tired no energy, Or maybe it's the meds. I still work everyday but it seems like I can't get thing done around the house,My husband work 12hr shifts and I have a 9yr old who can't meet my standards. Just tired of being tired.Was not like this before, am I alone?

6 replies. Join the discussion

You are not alone! I didn't have a heart attack but I have had CHF (still working on that one) and I know what you mean about being tired of being tired. You just have to cut back where you can and let your body rest. I am only 30 and my kids (4 and 6) have told me that grandpa's more fun than me sometimes. The last thing that I want to do at the end of the day is clean the kitchen so I put the food away rinse the dishes and leave them for the morning when I have more energy. You have to learn how to pace yourself and make yourself take little breaks throughout the day. I tried going back to work outside of the home and lasted 3 months because I couldn't keep up with that job and my family...I still have a hard time keeping up with my kids.
You didn't say when you had your heart attack but I do know that it's takes longer than most people think to recover-and sometimes you may just have to accept that you will never have the energy that you did before...for me, I can't drink an insane amount of redbull anymore :)
Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself!

Hi,
Oh yes the fatigue can be debilitating. I have chf with EF 25-30%. I have a 7 year old daughter also that I have to keep up with.
The meds are just horrible. My echf was from hypertension.
I am totally eating right and trying to get some exercise.
Are you on a beta blocker?

Bre

agree with both of the above! Recovery can take a long time. Meds designed to protect the heart can make you feel tired. Definately just hang in there. a jon's website is VERY HEPLFUL.
www.chfpatients.com
everyone is different and so recovery time and degree of recovery will be different as well.
the phrase "sick and tired of being sick and tired" is one many of us are well acquainted with.
prayers coming to you
jen
LIVE STRONG

I had my heart attack on May 13th of this year
and back at work don't know how long I will last but so far so good, maybe I should go part-time I work from 6am til 2pm, love my hours but get up at 4:15, my husband goes to work at 2:30 in the afternoon so I'm left at home with our 9yr old and doing what I can now school is about to start in 2 weeks, I know God will guide me through he got me this far and I know he will lead me the rest of the way he didn't bring me this far for nothing, Thank you for your support we will survive," May GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY"

I agree with everything all of the above say. I did not have a heart attack but do have CHF and dilated cardiomyopathy. Everything makes you tired and we all get sick of it. You will learn to live with it and figure out how much rest your body needs. I am on total disability because there was no way I could work. I've been diagnosed for 2 and 1/2 years and still am working on my figuring out my body. Hang in there , it does get better the more you accept that you will probably never feel the same as before.

I have had an acute MI, have been left with a damaged heart, got an ICD due to EF of 30%, and have CHF and I am happy to report that I am NOT feeling the symptoms that you all describe with the fatigue. I might be the exception to the rule, not sure. I believe in supplements in addition to my heart and cholesterol meds and take those daily. I am on an ace inhibitor, beta blocker, tons of blood thinning meds, cholesterol meds, and the list goes on and on and on. I was advised to do 2 multi-vitamins a day, I take 600 mg of COQ-10 daily, Vitamin E, Ester C, 3000 mg of Omega 3's and a super B complex. I do cardio exercises at least 5 times a week for 45 minutes a day.Not sure if this supplement prescription(a cardiologist advised me on this regimen) helps with my energy levels, but I can honestly say that I do not feel a lack of energy as you all describe. I am fortunate for that. Hang in there you all, things can and will get better!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support WomenHeart

Help WomenHeart reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  WomenHeart

Discussion topics

Heart health links and resources

The SCAD Ladies Stand Up -- Read the special report

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The information provided by this online support network through WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Inspire is for general informational purposes only. The information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. If you are ill, or suspect that you are ill, see a doctor immediately. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease never recommends or endorses any specific physicians, products or treatments for any condition.