Happy Anniversary

Today is the one-year anniversary of my TT and the subsequent pathology report of multifocal papillary carcinoma: dominant tumor - classical type and secondary tumor - follicular variant.

I have morphed from someone who barely knew where her thyroid was to someone who knows much (sometimes it seems like way TOO much) about that little gland.

My one year endo appointment/ultrasound on Friday went well; everything looked clear. I'm now awaiting thyroglobulin lab results. I also had my Synthroid dose adjusted for the SEVENTH time, ironically to the same dosage I started with. I read once that Synthroid has a "narrow theraputic range" - Amen to that!

It took about 8 months, but I'm back to feeling "normal". My weight went up 15 pounds post-TT and now with effort, supressed TSH, and Weight Watchers, I'm down 40 pounds from that.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you, Thyca family, for your support. It has been invaluable to have people who understand what I'm experiencing as close as my keyboard.

Love and prayers to all of you on this journey,
Phyllis

Things you can do

Support ThyCa

Help ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association

Discussion topics

Help and information from ThyCa

Community leaders