Has anyone tried an H2O2 bath to soothe Psoriais?

Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy Benefits for the Skin

Livestrong Jun 14, 2011: Hydrogen peroxide can be used to treat a wide variety of common skin ailments. Hydrogen peroxide, H2O2 acts as an antibacterial and antitoxic agent that kills pathogens and better aids your body by improving the immune system.
Soaking in a hydrogen peroxide bath can aid in killing off common bacterium that cause skin infections and can ease the discomfort of allergic skin reactions.

To prepare a bath of hydrogen peroxide, fill your bathtub with warm water, adding 3.5% diluted hydrogen peroxide solution to it--about two quarts of the solution per 20 gallons of water. The water opens up the pores and allows the oxygenating action of the solution to go to work. EarthClinic.com advises that you use a peroxide soak during the daytime, as the stimulating properties of oxygen may interfere with sleep. Just 30 minutes in the tub is enough to do the trick.

Quell Inflammation
When your skin becomes irritated either from an infection or external irritant, it will likely turn red, swell and become itchy. A soak in appropriately diluted hydrogen peroxide can help ease these symptoms by soothing inflammation and promoting healing. It can be especially helpful with inflammatory-based conditions like allergies, eczema and psoriasis.

19 replies. Join the discussion

What a coincidence you are thinking about h202! I just ordered some food grade. I have not tried the bath, but made a gel from aloe Vera, glycerin and h202. I will try it for a week and let y'all know what happens. I read good things about it too.

JULIAinFLA,
You are correct H2O2 does kill bacteria topically, but that's not all; it is a signalling chemical that your body uses to alert your system that something infectious is attempting to enter. Whenever you cut, abrade, or otherwise puncture yourself, several things happen, First you bleed, but at the same time, the injured tissue generates a small amount of hydrogen peroxide. The generated hydrogen peroxide kills some of the bacteria trying to enter your bloodstream, but more importantly, it signals the immune system to send white blood cells to the injury to fight any pathogen invaders.
Jack

so Buffalo
U have taken the bath. how often? did it helpa lot?
were U able to find it in a store?

No JULIAinFLA, I did not say I took an H2O2 bath. It is common knowledge that H2O2 will kill bacteria and other microbes. What is not common knowledge is that your body can generate tiny amounts of H2O2 on its own in response to an injury. The H2O2 is a signalling chemical that rallies the immune system to fight an infection and bring white blood cells to the site of the injury. As for H2O2 availability in a store, you can purchase 3% topical H2O2 in any pharmacy, or you can buy 8% H2O2 wherever they sell hair coloring and lightening supplies.

...hydrogen peroxide works as "a switch" which controls TRPM2 function. In addition, they found that phagocytic activity of macrophages was enhanced in the febrile temperature (38.5℃)...
Immune Cells, 'Macrophages' Become Activated ( http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120409164515.htm )
Hydrogen Peroxide Marshals Immune System ( http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090603131431.htm )

instead of the............ theory

I would like to know if this has .........worked for ANYONE??

I finally tried it. It does seem to help. I used the expensive food grade h202. It does give you nervous energy I think. Definitely do not bathe at night. I am going to drink the drops in distilled water like the books (hydrogen peroxide therapy) say to do. I had already been using the food grade 3%.

I agree with the above, it definitely increases your energy and mental clarity. (do not take at night)

But I haven't tried it long enough to see if it helps for P. Who has the patience to take a bath everyday for a month or longer? that's my problem.

I have done it 4 days in a row, the soaking. I can see an improvement in the inverse psoriasis. Maybe because it dries it out, or maybe the antibacterial action. I am going to try for a month, but like you say, it is a lot of time. I listen to audio books, but some people have tvs in the bathroom. One website says 20 minutes, not 30 minutes.

Maybe I missed somewhere above the amounts to use for a soak.
I got the 20 or 30 minutes daily for a month and not at night part.
Is it just H2O2 & water, and how much of each?

It depends on what kind of hydrogen peroxide. This website has the proportions. There is 3%' 6%, and 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. Not the kind from the drugstore, supposedly the chemicals in the kind from the drugstore are bad for ingestion, which you are ingesting when you soak, believe me, your heartrate increases and if you were not ingesting from your skin that would not happen. You can look up hydrogen peroxide soak on the Internet. Here is the website I have referred to. Plus there are tons of books about it. I think I put too much in this morning. So don't think "more is better". I got an irritated spot on my inverse ps line. Basically, I put as much water in bathtub to cover psoriasis spots, but directions say fill the tub. These websites also has the amount to mix with distilled water to drink, and I think it is helping me. Just start slow, and if you have an adverse reaction, go back to the previous dosage. But this website tells you what to do.

http://drinkh2o2.com/

http://www.purelivingperoxide.com/

Plus the live strong website that Julia initially posted has more good information. I am using 3% that I bought on amazon as a toner astringent on my ear ps.

You can put Epsom salt in for muscle as well as h2o2. I don't, because I try to carry it outside to water plants, because hydrogen peroxide diluted is good for plants. I am in a garden club and one of our speakers said the Amish spray their crops (like tomatoes and beans etc) and get an extra crop. It kills fugus and oxygenates the soil. So I try not to waste it. I take a quick shower first so the water will be clean, already hot, and my pores already open. I don't know if any of that is necessary.

I just use a capsule or 2 of this stuff.. it's all u need since it's 35% powdered

https://www.oxylifeco.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_i d=4

gives me good energy when taking on an empty stomach as well. ( only 1 though when taking orally )

^ when mentioning a capsule or 2 above...that was referred to when bathing .

Amazon has it too. Sold by oxylife on amazon. I will try this when I deplete my h2o2.

Is the liquid better then the capsules with h202, or does it matter? Just wondering...

I think liquid is better for bath, and capsules for internal. But that is just my opinion. H202 seems to soothe skin, or maybe it is the soaking. I am going to try with sponge when i dont have time for a soak. You dilute it of course.

35% food grade hydrogen peroxide?
I didn't think you could even buy hydrogen peroxide at that strength without a federal permit of some kind.
I don't think I'd want an oxidizer that strong in my home; I'd worry about accidents with it.

Yes, you can buy lesser strengths. I bought the 35% and use a giant meat injector to remove enough for a bathtub. It is in refrigerator with a poison label. I would not pour it! It might spash. I don't have little children. Or a maid. It is in the back of fridge, too. And giant poison, causes burns, etc written all over it. But they sell all different strengths.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders