Epsom Salt

Does an epsom salt soak help relieve pain? My feet hurt so bad that it's hard to walk. I don't like the idea of taking a bunch of ibuprofen for it. I'm in limbo until my insurance authorizes my enbrel. So, should I try the epsom salt soak? Please help. :(

7 replies. Join the discussion

I have been soaking in it the last few nights. I really think its helping. My skin is much softer and less red. I say go for it! Use heavy lotion afterwards.

You can try baking soda too. I read that it is 10x stronger than Epsom salt.

Thanks. I did once and it seemed to help. I'm going to continue and see what improvement there is. :)

I Love Epsom Salt!! I use it almost every night and I always feel a little less sore in the morning. Like Mollisw said you will need a heavy lotion after your bath. I like 100% pure Shea Butter. Good luck! I feel your pain.

Howzit Groovyriba?

Wouldn't be without Epsom salts. I buy boxes of it and use a third in my bath...(From a 500 grm box).
l also use in the shower...wet myself first then scrub all over.
Also it is wonderful for your hair as a good sub for conditioner.
If I were you I would sit with your feet in a tub of warm water and Epsom Salts.

Go well,

Zee22 www.psoriasisbesymptomfree.blogspot.com

I use it about once a week in the tub and it's great. Since I have both P and PA, I also throw in some colloidal oatmeal, and a little bit of olive oil. I have a big round tub so add 1.5 - 2lbs of Epson salt. I also add dead sea salts to it. I find all of this exceptionally relaxing and it helps my joints and skin. Of course it doesn't last long, but it does take the edge off. Good luck!

I heard the Dead sea Salts has just the right minerals to relief .
here is what i found online:
http://www.israel-catalog.com/dead-sea-cosmetics/dead-sea-bath-salts

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders