Can type change

I know there are several kinds of psoriasis .
What I'm wondering if you have Guttate can it
change to Plaque, Pustular or Psoriatic Arthritis

6 replies. Join the discussion

I have experienced plaque, PSA, guttate and pustular. I was diagnosed originally with pustular. I am clear of any symptoms of plaque, guttate and PSA right now. My pustular is under control. I say it is possible to have any and all.

WOW! That is great! How did you get rid of it?

I am on predisone right now. I'm sure it is lurking somewhere quietly waiting to surprise me.

nothing turns into something else
but anyone can develop every different type of Ps and have PsA also, all at the same time

i had plaque type p since age 15.it was pretty mild from 04-06. then i got strep throat and guttate and the plaque type completely vanished as the guttate took control.this may have occurred while taking antibiotics for strep. (i think i used prednisone 2 weeks while having guttate also)
after 1 year the guttate completely vanished and slowly was replaced with the plaque type again.
it's a little bit worse though than before having strep.
hopefully having strep throat and guttate was a once in a lifetime event for me.

Yes! That is scary! What's next. It's just not fair

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders