Breakfast with Frist!!!

** Originally posted by Ang **

Tomorrow morning my son, mom, and dad are having breakfast with Frist! They promised to plead our case, of course you remember he is a doctor, and that is where his heart still belongs. Also, remember my dad has had two heart transplants and has met Frist before, so they have something in common to start with.

Say a prayer!

Angela

14 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by creakysue **

OK, I'll bite...who the heck is Frist. Is this a name I should recognise, Ang?

** Originally posted by DrTee **

Republican Senator from Tennessee. Money comes from family owned hospital corporation (I think the largest in the country), supports insurance companies and HMOs. Recently on ABC told George Stephanopolous that he didn't know if AIDS could be transmitted through sweat or tears.

In my opinion, not a good physician, an even worst human being.

He is also Senate Majority Leader. Whether you care for him or not, he is an ideal person for our cause. My family spent an hour talking to him and his aids about my p and pa and what I go through.

I sure was suprised at negative comments, especially when it is all I could do on behalf of p and pa. To me first and foremost, Frist is a heart transplant surgeon. My dad has had two transplants so I'm very thankful for the work he has done.

Whether you care about the man or not does not matter to me. I was just trying to do the best that I could. Sorry you were disappointed!!!!

Angela

** Originally posted by chaimFL **

Ang,

You did a wonderful job and got a personal meeting with a very influential senator. I'm not sure anyone has taken our cause that high up thus far.

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

Wow good for you Ang...talk about getting your foot in the proverbial door! So, you have had breakfast...how did it go? anything to report?
I think when trying to get funding for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, we need to put our party affiliations aside....if he can help us....Good.....that's what counts now.

Thanks for the positive feedback! My mom, dad, and son had breakfast with Frist this morning. His aid said she definitely remembered my e-mail. I had to stay here and work because the rest of the family is in DC. I do know that my dad spent a lot of time talking to Frist. My mom and son will be the source of great info and I won't here from them until later.

I'll let you know when I find out what happened.

Angela :D

** Originally posted by MikeK **

That's great, Ang. :cool:

I'm so excited. We have a foot in the door. I can't thank your family enough for doing this. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Thanks again!

Mike

** Originally posted by timothy41 **

ANG, thanks for getting that together. Regardless of if you like Frist or not does not matter if he will vote with us.

I just got to talk to my mom for about 5 minutes. They were just coming out of the capital building. Dad said that Mom was really lobbying for us! Frist wants more info and I am supposed to contact the Health co-ordinator fro Lamar Alexander. He said until recently, he had no idea how bad p and pa could be.

I'll let you know more when I find out more.

Say a prayer!

Angela

** Originally posted by ladybloede **

Wow Ang, that's great! good work :)

THANKS A LOT! But remember this is for all us!!!!

Angela

** Originally posted by coachG **

Hi Ang......great hearing from you again!! Thanks for all of your efforts.......you know what I will say.........You are every woman!!!! :)

Say hi to Nick for me.

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi ang
that a wonerful thing you did. thank you for doing that.

have a wonderful day all

richard

** Originally posted by rosy3939 **

Hey Ang that is great newws and a great effort to push forward the fight for the cure for P and PA. I don't know you gave you negative feed back on your effort. When it comies to fighting this disease I will jump into bed with the devil himself ( and I am not calling Sen First the devil) if it would made a difference and move us closer to relief.

Thanks for the effort and keep us posted.

Mitch

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders