scleroderma and arthritis

I have gotten very bad arthritis in my hands in the last three months. My joints are large and fingers twisted. I
just got a new symptom, one of my fingers just starts twitching. It feels like a nerve. Has anyone ever had this happen?

6 replies. Join the discussion

Not really the twitching but the twisting and PULLING is just awful. I have both Rhuematoid and Scleroderma. I always thought the hand thing was from the scleroderma but they are "turning" and yes...very painful!!

Maybe check out Acupuncture for your hands

Thank you for your the input.

juniperj is correct, I have been using acupuncture and it really does help. I also soak in a jacuzzi 1 or 2 X per week and avoid hot, hot water. I am experimenting with foods that do not inflame and I will let everyone know if there is a difference in my pain levels. (It is worth a try.) Yes, arthritis can be associated with scleroderma.

I just started having problems with my hands doing some different things. My thumb is going crooked and hurting and up to the wrist also. I guess that means arthritis too.

I just started having problems with my hands doing some different things. My thumb is going crooked and hurting and up to the wrist also. I guess that means arthritis too.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Scleroderma Foundation

Help the Scleroderma Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Scleroderma Foundation

Discussion topics

From the Scleroderma Foundation

Community leaders