Starting chemo for the 4th time

I haven't posted about my blog yet on this site because I felt like everyone is going through similar things and no one needs to hear it from someone else. But, I am now about to start my 4th line of chemo (I also did 3 clinical trials in addition to the chemo). I figure at this point, if you ladies have any advice or insight that you can share, I am certainly not going to turn that away. I am hoping that I will get more from your comments than I could possibly hope to provide through sharing this blog. Anyhow, the latest blog can be accessed at http://www.chatelaine.com/en/blog/post/34804--getting-ready-for-a-hard-road -ahead

As for the chemo, I am starting gemcitabine with cistplatin (too much carbo, want to try to avoid an allergic reaction). Also going to be doing Avastin. All 3 drugs on day 1 and only the gemcitabine on day 8, on a 21 day cycle. Not looking forward to this round, but as we all know....you do what you gotta do.

Keep well,
elana

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders