The iron-cancer connection?

I keep hearing that cancer patients/survivors should stay away from iron. Can anyone tell me why? I'm concerned because my doctor prescribed birth control pills to manage endometriosis. However, the birth control is supplemented with iron. Because of this, I haven't started taking them yet.

What are your thoughts?

57 replies. Join the discussion

Bright,
May I ask what you are doing to reduce your malignant stem cell count?

I am very interested to know this, also, Bright.

Brightasday, I have to say I commend you for reading the article and watching the videos. I looked at the article and gave up right away when I saw Jesus and Chavez being mentioned.

I am doing the diet, stress reducetion (when possible) of course. But the big deal for me was the Greece Test. Short and simple they took 40 ml of blood separtated the malignant stem cells and circulating tumor cells out and then tested to see what killed them. Anything that had a 75% kill rate or better is what I chose to do.

Vitamin C 50grams by IV
PME by IV
plus B complex once a week

and then there are supplements
Super Arterminsinin
Vascustatin
Paw Paw
Larrea Plus

then my Infrared Sauna

Last May on a scale of 0-10 I was a 6.1 40% cancer stem cells and 60% circulating tumor cells in December I was 5.5 75% csc and 25% ctc. on Monday I get the next set of results taken 2 weeks ago. I expect to see the whole number go down again and of that whole number the circulating tumor cells to be 0 and only have stem cells left to kill and fewer of those than last time as well. As long as the whole number goes down then I know I am doing good. All the PET/CT scans, CA125 and everything shows that they can't find any cancer anywhere else, so I am just fighting stem cells and tumor cells in the blood. I am looking for a big fat 0.

I am not so sure I should be commending for reading that dribble. The one video was old hat and almost out of date the other video was to short to be of use and was only a very brief description of cancer. I think we all know what it is on this website.

Thanks for sharing that Bright. Sounds very promising.

Re: "But to claim that The Old Testament says to use ceramic needles that is a stretch.". If you can't understand anti-cancer anti-iron ideas of The Old Testament, then you can open Bulgarian sites and blogs and read Vanga's cancer - AIDS - black gold forecasts-1994-1996. People will beat cancer and AIDS by 'iron methods'. Vanga said about medical non-iron clay (ceramic) needles. The New Testament says: some people can see future. Vanga (a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying / Acts 16:16) saw: iron death of cancer; iron death of AIDS; thermonuclear death of the black gold https://getsatisfaction.com/yahoo_news/topics/hugo_chavez_cancer_plot_vanga _and_ferromagnetic_theory_of_cancer ; OCNA & Shapoval

Please, everyone, don't respond to Shapoval.

You are absolutely right! Any one who takes a perfectly legitimate topic like a connection between iron and cancer and twists into following a soothsayer of 1AD should not be responded to.

Medical News Today (United Kingdom) gives information on iron-cancer connection. See: Warburg, Virchow, Suss, Shapoval and Ferromagnetic Theory of Cancer http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/opinions/38197/ ; Hemochromatosis, Cancer and Ferromagnetic Theory of Cancer http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/opinions/45448/ ; Chinese Academy of Sciences and Ferromagnetic Theory of Cancer http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/opinions/69048/ ; Ferromagnetic Theory of ALS and Ferromagnetic Theory of Cancer http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/opinions/77000/ ; OCNA & Shapoval

I disagree with those of you saying not too respond or read Shapoval info.
I also read the links he supplied. Don't think you need to get into all the Old Testament stuff Shapoval, but thank you for provoking my curiosity.

Because of his posts, I did further research and found out allot about iron and hydrogen sulfide (H2S), and that lead to the information on the now being tested NOSH aspirin.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120308132812.htm

As a person that has always had a problem with anemia, the info made me curious.

Have we once again, (as we have with milk,) progressed so much with sterilization, pasteurization and purification, that by completely taking Hydrogen Sulfide out of drinking water we lost a natural cancer killer?

Just a thought....I know that doctors have warned us away from being to "clean," for our own good. Read up on Hydrogen Sulfide and cancer. Would be curious what many of you think.

I say all thoughts and opinions welcomed. Even the ones we may not want to hear.
Best Wishes,
Sweet

Dear Sweet
Steve Jobs (1955-2011) beat cancer by non-antiiron methods. Hugo Chavez (1954-2012?) beats cancer by non-antiiron methods. Cancer eats 8-10 mln cancer-patients every year. Iron deficiency anemia is anti-cancer anemia. Iron deficiency anemia is 'disease'. Ovarian Cancer is disease. Iron deficiency anemia can beat micro-metastases, HIV/AIDS and ALS. Best Wishes, Vadim

What about vitamin supplements with iron...such as one a day?

I think that the concensus is to avoid vitamins and supplements with iron - and copper. You also have to check protein powders and other sources of iron - unless you are anemic and it is confirmed by blood work, in which case you take supplemental iron only under the supervision of your oncologist.
BTW, chemo-induced anemia is not necessarily caused by low iron levels, so it is important to always have your levels checked and only take iron supplements if your are really deficient, and under doctor suppervision.

from who did you receive this info....where are you located? I take centrum silver daily, no added iron and my Hgb is 10.0. I go to a research institution and no one has ever mentioned the iron connection to my. My initial diagnosis was primary peritoneal/ovarian at stage 4. I am presently in my third different treatment combo and was initially diagnosed in June, 2009. I am looking for accurate info...so much confusion.

Vitamins like Centrum Silver are made with synthetic ingredients and some are really problematic - iron or not. At best they are useless, at worst they can harm you. I am trying to find an article written by SayerJi about it, in the meantime here is another article that addresses the issue of some ingredients in your multi:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/08/22/is-your-multi vitamin-toxic.aspx

Thanks for the info...I don't have my bottle with me as I am traveling, but will check the ingredients when I get home.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders