Newsweek Article - Vaccines

This article is a must read. Newsweek 12/19/2011. "Could this be the end of cancer?" Very interesting approach working with immune system and harnessing its power. Turning cancer against itself. Encouraging news. We need some. Joy and Blessings to Everyone of U.

TomD

If you can't click on the URL below just do a "Copy & Paste". Or, get the issue of Newsweek.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/12/11/could-this-be-the-end-of-c ancer.html

5 replies. Join the discussion

WOW...I am hopeful...everybody try to hang on for this...

Thanks for posting.

The research hospital I was in is taking part in developing a vaccine for Ov Cancer. I was asked to donate several vials of my blood to be used in studies. They did not have to ask me twice.

Thanks for sharing

There are several ovarian vaccine trials in Dallas where I live, one is for the HER2 that was mentioned in the article, it's a phase 1 trial though. The phase 2 FANG trial where they make a vaccine from your tumor is also starting but I'm not eligible since I've recurred. If I can kick this recurrence to the curb I'm going to look into the phase 1 trials (gulp)! We definitely need some hope around here!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders