Honey & Cinnamon???

Several days ago I read about Honey & Cinnamon on this site. I went out and bought the ingredients, but cannot find the post. Is anyone familiar with this? If so please advise...Thanks in advance!
Andi

19 replies. Join the discussion

Ive heard about it....hmmm so time back...The honey is good for your iron and blood I think...The cinnamon is a some kind of fighter... I cant recall it... But I know honey is real good for you...so is the cinnamon...You measure equal parts of each and mis it together...I think 2 times a day you do it too... Sorry I dont remember it all... My Aunt is a wizz at all this,..I will have to get with her cause maybe shes the one that told me all about this... and taking asparagus and puree it in a blender and take it 2 times a day...Each dose calls for 4 tbs twice a day... Have you heard of that one? I do it...
~alley~

I don't recall the post but I do know ginger, even in its powder form, is very good for health-especially nausea and digestion. Cinnamon is another natural health remedy.

Tumeric is good for digestion.

Hi there Im responding to you question abotu cinnamon & Honey
when I was first diagnosed, a friend reccomended to me also
I started taking 1/2 tsp of cinnamon with my fruit & german cottage cheese every money... and sometimes
just took the cinnamon & honey together, it adies in digestion.

* CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month 3 times a day.
*NOTE:The honey used needs to be REAL RAW UNPASTEURIZED HONEY. If it says PURE honey it is most likely pasteurized. It is best to only buy honey that says RAW or UNPASTEURIZED on the label. The difference is that the enzymes are all heated out of the pasteurized honey.

http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/honeyandcinnamon.html

ABove are the Orginal links...
and.. here is the LINK for the gal that shared it here on INSPIRE :
http://www.inspire.com/Kellyr1/journal/cinnamon-and-honey/

Blessings
MA

also

Shelter thank you so much! I had searched high and low for this post...Happy New Year!
Andi

Happy New year to you 2 Andi
You are more than welcome glad to have found that information
I think taht is what I read a year ago or more also...
so I have been liberally adding cinnimon....
but might jsut try it as a tea
or so on...

as for ASparagus
yes............................... I have haerd about its valuable anit cancer worth

in fact here in CANADA
there is a new treatment being approved by government to add to food products known to casue cancer
Asparagen

im assume its a derivitive of asapargus...
none the less...
interesting...

as I eat bluberries... w cinnamon

:D
HAPPY NEW YEAR

dandiandi - I am not sure if you are talking about my post or another post. Do you still need more information, I can resend what I have out there, you are the only one that commented on it.

no kellyr1...i'm all good! thanks!

Hi Shelter,

You are not thinking about aspartame? Aspartame is one of the sweeteners - it 9s widely used in sugarfree products, and has been proven to be cancerogen?

I haven't heard of honey and cinammon - sounds delicious, I must check it.

ZZ

NO its Asparagen....( whoops wrong Spelling)

its called Asparaginase
something new
that the Canadian Government want us to "vote" on
so they can add it too foods like
potatoes chips & other things typically known to be
cancer causing..
see this link
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/12/22/acrylamide-junk-food-additive.htm l

ZZ - I have posted a journal from me with a bunch of different items for the cinnamon and honey. Do you need me to repost it? Kelly

Have you read about manuka honey. It is a medicinal grade honey, very powerful:
http://www.manukahoneyusa.com/active-manuka-honey.htm

I have that article.. I think it might be the same. I might have left it at work but, as soon as I find it I can email it to you or I can post it here.

Lisa

I hate to be the devil's advocate here but if sugar feeds cancer then how could honey be considered beneficial?

Hi Kelly - I found the same text on the web. It has been reproduced in a multitude of websites - basically same info, diffrent font and graphics. I have not found much more than that, nor how it actually works. It is delightful though - great taste, but like lifeisgrand I am not sure about using it in large quantities as honey is sugar. although it does have other beneficial components as well.
Cinnamon does get mentioned elsewhere together with curcumin and some other spices as beneficial for immune system. And everything that is good for immune system is good against recurrence in my view. I am not sure about its capacity to actually kill cancer cells itself.

zz

ginger and turmeric are not only good for digestion, they are full of phytochemicals that also fight cancer. They are both powerful anti-inflammatories and antioxidants. They also act against certain cancer cells. Turmeric helps stimulate apoptosis in cancer cells and inhibits angiogenesis. In the lab it enhances effectiveness of chemotherapy and reduces tumor growth.

There are many foods that benefit cancer patients immensely. I think the best strategy would be to concentrate on all those foods and include them in a daily diet rather than concentrating on just one combo like honey and cinanmon. Causes of cancer are multiple, the cure also has to be multi-faceted. That's what I believe.

I have been wondering about it myself, honey is sugar. Honey has a lot of healing properties, fights infection, etc, but I am not sure that it is a good idea to use with cancer. I haven't researched this yet, but right now logic tells me to stay away from it if one has cancer of any kind.

There are many better cancer-fighters that can be included in our diets!

Agava Nectar is a natural sweetner, I've got a bottle, its much sweeter than honey and really good. Its comes from I believe the tequila cactus. I've read that if you are on chemo you need to stay away from honey as it has live cultures in it.

Wow, this is weird.
Last week I had a craving for honey and cinnamon on my english muffins.I made them and I ate the english muffins and still craved the honey and cinnamon..so I ate it and thought that it was so bad for me. NOT??? how cool. now i will have to make more. :) ty for this.

Actually honey has a high glycemic index, like sugar and therefore it should be avoided. Agave nectar and stevia are a much better substitute as they have a low glycemic index.

So I really wonder about the claim that honey can help fighting certain types of cancer. Cinamon on the other hand helps control sugar in diabetics, so that would make more sense, but combining it with honey, I would think defeats the purpose.

I might be wrong of course, but in doubt I would stay away from it.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders