Heartbroken

Need I say more....

35 replies. Join the discussion

Me,too Gay...me, too

Unbelievable and heartbreaking.

It is just such a sad run this whole group is having with so many lost in a row. All we can do is keep trying to help each other and live our lives well to honor them.

Heartbroken, yes...

Life can be so hard when you lose a good friend unexpectedly.

Very heartbreaking! We've got to keep fighting this beast!

I find it heartbreaking for the families but not four our sisters who have lost their fight. They are now peaceful - waiting to see the Lord. It is hard on those left behind, but they too are grateful to have shared in their lives.

One day we will all be in heaven "no more crying there".

We have got to continue to fight for ourselves as well as in their memory. They would want us to. I feel relief for them because they are in no pain and blissfully happy right now. I mean, how awesome is that? But it is painful for those left behind. I do not worry about where I am going one day however, I do worry about the ones I leave behind. I find that I pray more for them then I do for myself. I do feel that we are so close to a cure and will feel saddened if it turns out that one comes out soon and the ones who have lost their battle missed out on it. But they have the ultimate cure don't they? The healing hands of Jesus Christ himself.
Much Love,
Jenene

To go so fast, I think she was called home and was ready.

OMG! Just read Bob's post - it's shattering. This news shook me to the core. She was trying so hard. What happened?!?!?!

That would be a cherry blossom. She went to Japan last summer with her family to visit some friends. She leaves behind a daughter in her first year of college and a teenage son. She has joined her mother who also died of ovarian cancer.

Everytime I want to quit I will fight for them!

This is just starting to sink in.

LIG, when Lisa used to write more frequently on the site, it was very clear you were a calming force and a source of strength for her. This news is so heartbreaking, but particularly for you and those that communicated and established a relationship with her directly. I'm so sorry.

Me, too....me, too ;(

It's so sad, they were taken to soon. We will always miss them.

I'm pretty sure I am there too. I am so sorry. I'm beginning to have pain on my liver again and CA 125 shot up to 297. This whole thing blows!

Lisa was a friend to me too. I can't even comprehend this. God bless her husband and especially her children.

Oh Lisa, you are gone from us much too soon. Inloved your art, humor, wit, candor . . . I could go on and on.

Obviously she wanted to spare us :-(

I will miss my sister. Crying now and I can't type anymore :-(

LifeIsGrand,

Me, too. I'm in shock...

I called Bob directly today to ask him....WHAT HAPPENED? He said he didn't know but said that he and Lisa exchanged e-mails daily!

Gay, I am so sorry as I wasn't aware how close you and Bob were to Lisa. Thank you for clarifying the meaning of the Cherry Blossoms.

Gay,

The title of this post says what we feel. I know that you were a good and close friend for Lisa as were a very few others. I really am sorry, I just don't know what to say except that we will miss our friend Lisa.
Bob

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders