???

I have nf1 both lumps and cafe u late marks..and i have neva been informed about what happens if my first child was lost in a mis carriage early on its term.would the second baby carry the NF gene???
please help

3 replies. Join the discussion

Each pregnancy has a 50% chance of resulting in a child with NF. Hope this helps.

Sheila

many years ago (1979) I had a miscarriage. I had 2 children since and carried both to (2 boys) to full term. Only rthw youngest has the nf gene. sons are now 31 and 28 yrs old. 50/50 chance of children having nf gene. Hope this helps you.

I don't have NF and my first son has NF. Had 3 miscarriages between him and my second son. One molar pregnancy, one with Trisomy 10 and one with Trisomy 15.

They generally do not do pathologies on miscarriages as they are "pretty common" occurrences (at least 1/3 of all pregnancies). That is little relief to women such as myself who have multiple miscarriages.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders