Camp New Friends

So....I just found out that I will be spending this summer working at Camp NF (well for one week anyway).....I'm a teacher so I try to keep myself busy during the summer---just thought I would share and ask if anyone else out there will be working there as well!?!?!

9 replies. Join the discussion

My son has been to Camp New Friends for the past 3 years and LOVES it! I have been involved with the camp since it's inception 7 years ago. Thank you so much for spending your time there. I hope you'll find it to be a very memorable and rewarding week.

For more info see: www.brainycamps.com or www.nfmidatlantic.org

The date for camp this year is July 18-24, 2010 in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Full and partial scholarships may be available and Angel Flight MAY be able to help with travel arrangements, BUT you must register SOON!

Just noticed something else...the photo at the top right corner of this page is from Camp New Friends. Hey campers....do you recognize yourself? Let everyone know what a GREAT experience you had at Camp New Friends!

My son may go tocamp sunshine in maine, where is this camp??

I will be there working.
I just got an email to confirm my travel arrangements.

Im super excited.. and also a little nervous.
I always wanted to go to the camp when I was younger, but I never had a chance to.
so this will be my first time at the camp.

Ill be a staff member there that has NF1.

I have been a counselor at Camp New Friends since 2004, wow I can't wait to see my old friends and make some new friends this year.

Hi there a nf camp I have nf1 for 22 years how do I found out about this camp

I'll be working there. Bringing my 8yo boy also.

I have had NF all my life and always wanted to go, Im to old now...but how could i help? Is there a site i can check out? I think it would be nice to make new friends that have NF as well! :) i have never got to meet anyone else with it.

The Camp is great. I gone since it open. I never knew someone with it before hand. I love it.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders