- By jools1230
· Posted 9:22 pm
- Discussion in Postmenopausal women with osteoporosis · 0 replies
- I have sever osteoporosis. My number is -3.7 in my spine. My son bought me a weighted vest but I don't know if I should wear it or not. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks so much ...
- By FernM
· New reply 6:52 pm
- Journal · 27 replies
- HI; My hair is getting very thin & breaks easy and also have problem with my nails. Has anyone found a supplement that has helped with this problem? I have tried a few with no results. Thanks ...
- By Nivette
· New reply 6:17 pm
- Discussion in Osteopenia (low bone density) · 8 replies
- I was wondering if anyone has switched to AlgaeCal and had their numbers improve more than their previous program? It's pretty expensive stuff so I was thinking of swaping out a couple things that I take ...
- By Laura1959
· New reply 3:45 pm
- Discussion in Postmenopausal women with osteoporosis · 9 replies
- It occurs to me that steroids may be the cause of my OP. About a year ago, I was given a long acting steroid shot to control severe allergies. A year before that I was given the same shot to tamp down ...
- By bstasiak
· New reply 2:43 pm
- Discussion in Supplements and vitamins · 15 replies
- There is a study posted on www.ncbi.nih.gov/pubmed/23024690 that was published in 2012 that I urge all members of this community to read. (If all else fails, google "virgin coconut oil supplementation ...
- By trixiebell
· New reply 1:59 pm
- Discussion in Supplements and vitamins · 9 replies
- Hi everyone I would like to ask if anyone has tried OsteoPrime as I have been prescribed this by a homeopathic practitioner. OsteoPrime is made in America by Enzymatic I live in the UK aand would really ...
- By Rekhashenoy
· New reply 1:25 pm
- Discussion in Osteopenia (low bone density) · 2 replies
- My mother was administered Forteo for 18 months. Her BMD improved significantly. Now after a year BMD of Lumbar Spine has again reduced. I would like to know from the group whether she can be given Forteo ...
- By pauricia
· New reply 1:05 pm
- Discussion in Osteopenia (low bone density) · 19 replies
- I know I should excersise but im scared I will have another compressed vertebrae. My L1 compressed and fractured last june 2013. I am getting a lot of low backache so it puts me off even doing my housework ...
- By Faithy52
· New reply 10:58 am
- Discussion in Treatment and medications · 11 replies
- Hello, I am a daughter of a beautiful lady who is 62 years old this year. She's had severe osteoporosis for years. About a week ago she started taking Forteo injections to build her bone strength back ...
- By chezza
· New reply 10:15 am
- Discussion in Pain relief · 5 replies
- Just wondering if there is any possible way to help the bones overcome adverse effects of bisphosphonates. About 4 months after taking the meds, I started to feel pain in my joints and bones. My feet ...
- By Sabre3
· New reply 10:09 am
- Discussion in Clinical trials and research · 43 replies
- Two animal studies, one from Malaya and one from Brazil, have indicated that tocotrienols (a branch of vitamin E) assist in preventing and reversing bone loss. This family of E (the alpha, beta gamma ...
- By seniorrunner
· New reply 6:48 am
- Discussion in Medication side effects · 9 replies
- After 4 years on Fosamax I stopped due to difficulty with swallowing liquids (eg: water) My doctor now has suggested Reclast, but I don't really know anything about it. Is the ingredient the same as Fosamax ...
- By Nivette
· New reply yesterday at 3:57 pm
- Discussion in Osteopenia (low bone density) · 7 replies
- It's been two years since I was diagnosed with Osteopenia of the spine T -1. When I was diagnosed I immediately joined this site, read Lara Pizzorno book, read tons of post on here, changed my diet and ...
- By charella
· New reply yesterday at 2:14 pm
- Discussion in Osteopenia (low bone density) · 254 replies
- It's Charella again. I have just had over a year without strontium citrate as I am in the normal category now. I lost only .2 in a year from spine and hips, so I am still in the normal range. I still ...
- By Catl8dy
· Posted yesterday at 2:14 pm
- Discussion in Pain relief · 0 replies
- Has anyone tried Icy Hot Smart Relief (Tens Therapy)? Saw a commercial and was wondering if it was something worth a try for pain of back fractures. Thanks ahead and Happy Easter! Diane ...
- By onoisland
· New reply yesterday at 1:31 pm
- Discussion in Treatment and medications · 16 replies
- I am a 60-year old female with severe Osteo .. After 26 months on Forteo, with statistically relevant Improvement (30%) I have now been back on Actenol for about 2 years. My last bone density showed a ...
- By Lela52
· New reply yesterday at 12:33 pm
- Discussion in Books, videos and other resources · 524 replies
- Dr Keith McCormick DC, has made a 3-part video series called: Understanding the Natural Approach to Osteoporosis Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 In case you want to hear Dr McCormick talk some more about Osteoporosis ...
- By EZDon
· New reply yesterday at 11:55 am
- Discussion in Diseases, conditions and other causes of bone loss · 1 reply
- An interesting topic, from a study by Florida State University researchers, that is not discussed much but apparently relates to intensifying the affects of Osteoporosis: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201 ...
- By Suzangel
· New reply yesterday at 11:45 am
- Discussion in Diet and nutrition · 53 replies
- I didn't know that most US almonds were pasteurized with fuel (PPO). I use to buy my almonds at Costco and just discovered they are pasteur. with fuel. For more info. see the link below. In 2001 and 2004 ...
- By rn4baby
· New reply yesterday at 11:42 am
- Discussion in Osteopenia (low bone density) · 20 replies
- Just had repeat DEXA yesterday. Very excited. Improved by 2.2% in the spine and 1.7%in the femur. Not taking any of the prescription drugs. Calcium, VitD and Strontium citrate, with diet and exercise ...
Things you can do
Links and resources from NOF