FDA's Vote on Bisphosphonate Meeting Yesterday

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-09/warner-merck-bone-drugs-need-label -changes-on-use-duration-panel-says.html

Added Info From Forbes: Associated Press
Summary Box: Osteoporosis drugs

By The Associated Press, 09.09.11, 06:34 PM EDT

"FINAL SAY: With evidence varying by drug and the level of risk sometimes unclear, the advisers left the actual wording changes up to the Food and Drug Administration. http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/09/09/business-us-osteoporosis-drugs-fr actures-summary-box_8669472.html

Edited September 10, 2011 at 9:25 pm

8 replies. Join the discussion

Thanks for the post.

Thank you windblown

Your both very welcome! Not sure if this is it on this committee meeting, or if there is something else to consider.

Thanks for sharing, Looks like there is no mention about the Public forum, and the patients/victims that spoke out about these drugs. But then again, I didn't really expect that after seeing what we were dealing with on Friday.

Thanks for the article. We need to get doctors informed!

This is timely information. I am surprised there is no solid data for efficacy at 5+ years for bisphosphonates..

Thank you for sharing this information, Windblown. I know my doctor will be interested in the outcome.

Thank you for the information Windblown!
Mariah41

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NOF

Help the National Osteoporosis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Osteoporosis Foundation

Learn more about osteoporosis awareness and prevention

Discussion topics

Links and resources from NOF

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The National Osteoporosis Foundation would like to remind visitors and community members that the views and opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of NOF. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding any medical information that is shared on this site.