Article

This is an article that was given to me by a friend. It is long but worth a read. If you look closely you wu=ill find many discrepancies. ie: things don't add up...

Much like the FDA meeting on Friday. Where are they getting these statistics, No one there even knew. Guess I'll start my own "study"

We do a poor job as a society of searching for truth. It is so much easier to take something we read at face value , and never question where it came from, or if it is accurate. This is particularly true in medical research, where , we feel that these studies are over our heads, and we can't even get to the original source very often. Drs. just take these statistics for truth... that my friend is a mistake.

Here is the link:http://www.healthcentral.com/osteoporosis/c/76444/143821/questions

Edited September 12, 2011 at 9:39 am

2 replies. Join the discussion

Thanks for the post. Yes, rather both sides of the coin. What gets me though is ONLY the concern for long-term use. What about all the side effects of ANY use?

I agree, I think that these drugs are a mistake for everyone, and they should never be used short term , long term , or ever!

That is my opinion, and the more I know, and learn, the more convinced I am of this opinion. Unlike the Drs. and FDA, I have no financial interest in these drugs. Just interest in human life, and the best interest of people.
I believe that these drugs are inexcusable and criminal. I know that sounds extreme, but harming people for profit is criminal!!!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NOF

Help the National Osteoporosis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Osteoporosis Foundation

Learn more about osteoporosis awareness and prevention

Discussion topics

Links and resources from NOF

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The National Osteoporosis Foundation would like to remind visitors and community members that the views and opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of NOF. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding any medical information that is shared on this site.