Hi, I'm a 31 year old male. I just found out that my girlfriend of just 2 months is a carrier of HPV 16 and 18. She is currently dealing with a CIN 3 dysplacia and is going to have a LEEP done next month. She has been dealing with HPV for 5 years now. We have had unprotected sex several times and she did not disclose any information until a week ago.
I have several questions
1. How do I know if I'm infected with HPV?
2. If I'm infected with HPV does it ever go away?
2.2. She suffers from HPV 16 and 18. Does that mean IF I'm infected that I also have that kind of HPV?
2.3. IF I now carry HPV 16 and 18. Does that mean that IF I have sex with someone that does not carry the virus, that they would get those exact kind (16 and 18)?
3. If I'm infected should I continue to have sex with my girlfriend or any future partners? Would we ever be cured if we continue to have sex?
4. How's my sex life going to be impacted if I'm infected with HPV?
5. Can a woman pass on the virus when giving birth to a baby?
I really appreciate your help. All this uncertainty and lack of information is bothering me a lot. I no longer have piece of mind. I have spent the last 4 days worrying about this.
I wish she would've shared this information when I asked her if she suffered from any STD's :(