Inspire is hiring, and we're wondering if you know someone who would be the perfect addition to our team.
I'm Walter, one of Inspire's founders and the head of our technical team. I'm writing today because we're looking to expand the team that develops the technology behind Inspire, and would love to hear from people you'd recommend.
In a nutshell, we're looking for someone with outstanding technical skills who is excited by the good work we do at Inspire, and the chance to join our team.
Below is a complete description of the position. We hope you'll forward a link to this post to friends, colleagues and family members who fit the bill. Anyone can apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your help, and for being part of Inspire!
Here's the job description:
Healthcare Social Network Developer
Inspire, the leading social network for health, is looking for a talented developer with a broad set of skills to join our team.
Inspire's social network, created in partnership with over 70 of the most respected national patient advocacy organizations, helps over 200,000 members find support when faced with serious medical conditions.
You don't need to have previous experience in healthcare, but you do need to be interested in building systems that help patients and caregivers connect and engage. If you get excited about using your skills to improve people's lives in a direct and tangible way, we want to meet you.
The position we're hiring for encompasses a mixture of engineering and general development responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining features for Inspire using mod_perl, MySQL, Template Toolkit, and other open source technologies.
- Working with the development team to take features from concept to implementation, creating working features from design comps.
- Contributing to the design, evolution and maintenance of the architecture that powers Inspire.
- Performing quality assurance on Inspire features (contributing to code review and functional testing).
- Constructing e-mail blasts for partners and customers, writing and coding surveys for clients, writing Web site copy, and other general contributions that keep Inspire running.
- Back-end Web development (Perl, or demonstrated mastery of a comparable language)
- Front-end Web development (XHTML, AJAX)
- Excellent writing skills
- Search engine optimization
- Conversion (getting visitors to become members)
- Bonus points for system administration skills
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Talented, creative co-workers
To be considered, send your resume and a portfolio/description of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.