Question about disability, ssi, etc.

I am currently on disability, possibly coming up for review in October. I've read and known people who weren't contacted and still received their benefits. I am hoping if I do come up for review that they will give me permanent disability. Since my fiance left me out of nowhere I have been living with my parents. I am saving up to be able to move out on my own in the fall, because this arrangement isn't working all that great.

Money is going to be really unbelievably tight. I was wondering if anyone knows, if those on permanent disability receive more money than those on temporary or whatever it's called that I am on currently.

My parents have said they will help me out with money if I need when I move out, but I am hoping permanent disability pays out even a little more so they don't have too. I have a lot of different health conditions that prevent me from working and it's really frustrating, especially at 25.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders