CBD and cancer

Has anyone investigated this?
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page 4

9 replies. Join the discussion

Just don't smoke it though...Use a vaporizer, or infuse it with butter,(cook it) freeze butter and swallow small chunks with warm beverage. I have a very hard time eating because of gastroparesis and it has been very helpful in stimulating appetite. Good luck, NDM

So?cannibus can prevent lung cancer? That is the way I am reading this article. Very interesting.

I don't know if THC can cure or prevent anything. I'm asking if anyone has done research on this subject. Or if anyone actually knows anyone who has been cured? I am certainly not endorsing just inquiring.

I'm glad it is helping you.

That 's how I read it but geesh this is the first I've heard of it other than to be used for appetite and nausea. So I don'[t know.

I don't think it cures anything. After 4 years NED I have 3 new nodules, so I doubt it's the cure, just makes somethings more bearable, like no appetite...NDM

gotcha, thank you.

Don't know if the search function here would've been good enough to find the discussions of that, so here it is:
http://www.inspire.com/smilez/journal/cannabis

Bottom line, no clear answer yet, but it's not ruled out yet that a particular ingredient might be a little useful, but it's not by smoking it.

I read yesterday about a high incidence of lung cancer with pot smokers..........but also read that the THC in cannibus can shrink tumors. What someone writes on the internet and what is truth is always a question.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders