Asprin

I just read something about taking asprin with lung cancer and it helps it from spreading to the glands. Did I read it right? If I am, how about taking it with tarceva?

9 replies. Join the discussion

I have never heard this and i did alot of LC research when my mom had it. Im no doc so i cant say its intresting if true cause i take 4 BC powders a day witch is pure powder asprin so i guess i am safe from spread if i do get it. Post back if you prove this to be true. Love Mikel.

L,

Don't know about the Tarceva question but, as I've posted many times, assburn has been on my diet for years & years.
If nothing else, it helps my ol' joints!

G

Also good for the heart! Ask your doctor before starting an aspirin a day regiment. Take care, Judy

I thought about taking low dose aspirin until I read the following:
Tarceva Precautions:

* Before starting Tarceva treatment, make sure you tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking (including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.). Certain medications can interfere with the levels/effects of Tarceva. It is important your oncologist is aware of all medications. Do not take aspirin, or products containing aspirin unless your doctor specifically permits this.

I wonder if it is too late if the cancer already spread to a lymph node?

G's nickname is stage 4 survivor: stage 4, that was a lot more than spreading to local lymph node!

Of course, he took huge dose of it. So bloody hemorrhaging huge doses. Perhaps unlike us mortals, he has blue blood.

I got this off the internet:

"There may be an increased risk of perforation (holes appearing) in the gut if any of the following medicines are used in combination with this one:
anti-angiogenic agents, eg lenalidomide, thalidomide, sorafenib, sunitinib
corticosteroids, eg dexamethasone, prednisolone
NSAIDs, eg aspirin, ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen
taxane based chemotherapy, eg paclitaxel, docetaxel."

I agree,
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-14/scientists-probe-aspirin-role-in-canc er-treatment/3828168
is worth reading.

The highly regarded Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute in Melbourne Australia has made a very recent discovery about aspirin's efficacy. Contact them directly regarding your concerns about it's use with Tarceva, they're usually helpful.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders