Faith and Religion

I realize how touchy this subject is so let me start off saying I'm not preaching to anyone and I mean no offense. Every Sunday my family tries to make it to church, we stay for the singing then leave during the sermon.. Today something odd happened. Mom decided Pizza would be for lunch so I asked if I could stay for the sermon since I can't have garlic or I'll be sick. She said ok and then left.

I went over and sat towards the front, in the center around the college kids. There was a guest speaker today and I really felt like I was suppose to be there. He talked about how we are unique by what sets us apart. Using a bottle of water he said, "many people say oh that brand isn't that good or this brand is better. It's water so its good. Now if I added ink into the water, would the water be good?" Everyone thought no because there is ink, but he made us realize that the water is still good, it's the ink that is bad. He said what people have done shouldnt affect how we see them because people are good. We just made the wrong choices and gave in to sin, this doesn't make us bad.

He talked about how our kindness now towards others stores treasures for us later with God. How when we are glorified it means Gods weight is on our shoulders along with his wisdom, power and love. How we can lose our point of focus because we make the focus about education, riches, or strength instead of making it about knowing and seeing God in each, helping us.

I came home and decided to open my bible how I do once in a while. I let it open to a random scripture and it is usually the one I need to hear. For those who want to read along, It's Mark 10:19 Causing to Sin.

"And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. If your hand cause you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, where their worm does not die, and their fire is not quenched. Everyone will be salted by fire. Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other.

Now for those who are still reading I want to tell you a story about what I did today. I texted a random number, don't know the gender, the name, the address, nothing. This is the text:

Me: You are being watched over and you are loved. People are thinking about you right now and hoping you have a wonderful day. God bless.

#: Thanks, but who are you

Me: An angel sent from my father above

#: Are you sure you know who I am?

Me: You are someone looking for acceptance. You have struggled and you gave up on what is important to you. Keep holding on and God will help you.

#: Thank you...

Maybe someday an angel will send you a message, when you are your lowest or maybe you are just feeling down, but they will answer the call and when it happens I hope you don't take it for granted. I am not lying about this text conversation and I had no idea what I would say when they replied, but the second I read their words, I knew what to say. Consider this when you doubt an Angel, because they are there to catch you and it might be someone you have known forever or just a stranger on the street. A time will come when they will answer. Are you ready?

Things you can do

Support iFred

Help iFred reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  iFred

Discussion topics

Need help?

National Hopeline Network

If you or someone you know needs immediate help in the U.S., call (800) 442-HOPE to talk to someone live in your local area. They can help you through crisis and direct you to local resources.

Community leaders