So after a failed IVF #1 in March, DH and I decided we were in need of a break. We've booked a trip to Maui for June and I thought the plan was to return to try another cycle after our trip. I'm a teacher so I'll be off until the end of August and I really wanted to do a cycle over the summer when it will hopefully be less stressful.
The dilemma is that now DH is saying he doesn't want to do anymore treatments! He says maybe at some point but he has no idea when he'll be 'ready' again. He insists that we're not getting pregnant because we're trying to hard and want it to badly. I want to plan, to have some control over my life and where it's going! Plus if there's any chance I'll be doing this over the summer I need to have an idea so I can let the nurse know since my protocol is changing. The second I say that he says I'm obsessing over it and being desperate. That's his favorite word to use.
I'm so angry and annoyed. Angry at DH, angry that we're in this situation. I feel like I'd be able to take a real 'break' if I had a more clear time line on when we'd be starting up again.
Has anyone else been in this type of situation? Any advice for making a break more of a break and not a fight about when you'll be starting again? How do I let go and not think about when we'll be starting again?