EDS in Washington Post

A colleague of mine just sent me this link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/sam-kean-author-of-violinists -thumb-on-genes-and-how-they-affect-who-we-are/2012/07/24/gJQA3yRf7W_story. html

Sam Kean, author of ‘Violinist’s Thumb,’ on genes and how they affect who we are

The first paragraph:
Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is a rare conglomeration of connective-tissue disorders. Symptoms include migraines, easily bruised skin, resistance to anesthetics and, most markedly, hyper-flexible joints that bend in ways bordering on the grotesque. I know all of this because I have become convinced — in the obsessive, giddy way of hypochondriacs — that I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. I have become convinced of this because I have just finished reading “The Violinist’s Thumb.”

3 replies. Join the discussion

I just ordered the book. Although work is crazy right now and I probably won't finish it soon, my daughter is the fastest reader I know, (7 harry potter books in 7 days while going to school full time). I'll have a review of the book in a day or two.

Very interesting! Maybe we should invite the writer to look at the "so you think you have EDS" link on the EDNF site. Looking forward to your review. I also thought I was an amazing speed reader until my daughter left me in the dust at the ripe old age of 12. The good news is, I don't have to wait as long if I am second in line for the book.

Ha! I remember the day my daughter and I were reading a book and she had to wait for me to finish so she could turn the page. She is unbelievably slow in everything else though...mind in the clouds.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support EDNF

Help the Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation

Discussion topics

Community leaders