which is best, Multivitamin or individual?

hi everyone, ok tell me what you think & if you think my decision is about right. i've been taking individually vitamins for a long time, to a point where i forget which 1 i took already, cause i space them out.but lately, i am really tired of trying to figure out which 1 i took or not, also just tired of taking pills. so i was thinking of a good multivitamin, and just get the rest of my vitamins from food. i will be looking up on which food has what important vitamin.do you think thats a good decision. and i am open to any advice on a good complete multi vitamin. the only individual vitamin i will continue to take is B-12 and .thank you & GOD Bless....LUCY

7 replies. Join the discussion

I take One A day!!

Thank you diamond that's what I was thinking of taking.

Hi Lucy, Here are some info to consider...taking large amount of vitamin A over long periods can be toxic to the body, mainly the liver. There is no overdose with beta-carotene (carotenoids) if it's converted into vit A. When food or supplements containing beta-carotene are consumed, the beta-carotene is converted into vit A in the liver. If you take too much beta-carotene, your skin may turn slightly yellow-orange in color. But if you have hypothyroidism, avoid beta-carotene, because your body probably cannot convert beta-carotene into vit A. People with hypothyroid often have this problem. it's important to take only natural beta-carotene or a natural carotenoids complex. Betatene is the trade name for a type of carotenoid complex extracted from sea algae. Too much iron in the body is very toxic too, even more than mercury or lead. Take formula without iron. You can get iron from from food sources ( eggs, fish, meat, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, brewer's yeast, dulse, kelp, kidney and lima beans, peaches, rears, pumpkins). If you need more information about proper nutrition, you can go to www.inspirednhealthy.com where you can download a free nutrition book. All the best

Wow Voda, that's the info I needed. Thank you so much. And I will be visiting that site, cause I am really tired of taking these individual vitamins.again thank you.

Hi Lucy,

Two very important things.
1. Quality of the food you eat, try to get fresh fruits & Veggies from farmers markets because they have not been cold stored picked green & possibly zapped by microwave rays to stop bugs rotting them but it kills the very nutrients you eat it for.

2 The supplements you take need to be extracted from plant or animal NOT some synthetically made rubbish in a lab which is why most of the supplements on the shelf do not get results. They fail to tell you they are synthetic.
If GOD made it eat it if Man made it leave it is my motto!

I am a nutritionist & can recommend some great products that will work for you but I am not permitted to give you that advice on this website.
If you want advice please send me an email on mychaga@hotmail.com
Cheers Val

thank you cavalwood. love your motto

I like that motto too! That about sums up what I'm now learning about food.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders