Remarkable Family Symposium in April

Just wanted to let other parents know the Remarkable Families Symposium is coming up on Friday April 8th at Xavier’s Cintas Center. Their goal is to help bring parents of children with special needs together to learn about their strengths, to network with other parents and services in community as well as to give them the opportunity to learn new resources that will help them become more resilient. I heard there will be a lot of vendors, workshops and Dr. Sorter as the keynote speaker at lunch. You have to register in advance www.xavier.edu/familyresiliency. Great Resources! Hope to see you there!

5 replies. Join the discussion

Thanks! This looks like a great opportunity to spend the day learning about community resources. Do you know what particular agencies will be there and what the workshop topics are going to be. I just looked on the website WOW $25.00 is cheap for all of this and lunch.

Last year, I went to the one here at the hospital and it was great. This year it’s at XU and supposed to be even better. I know when I had asked about workshops there were some on financial/special needs trusts, IEPs/education/college, waivers, behavioral interventions/mental health, etc. You can pick which to go to throughout the day. And then there are a lot of agencies with tables. Last year, I found great resources on summer camps, a new home health care agency and a better DME supplier. Hope this helps!

Okay, now I am definitely going to attend - thanks for sharing this valuable information. This is just the kind of thing i was hoping for when I joined inspire!

This will be my 3rd year going to the Remarkable Families Symposium. I always find new information - from the speakers, exhibitors and other parents. The workshops are really helpful because they have a mix of educators, agencies and health professionals presenting. And it should be even better this year since Children's and Xavier are doing this together. It really helps when I can connect with other families facing similar challenges.

Dr. Tom Knestric posted on Facebook that there are scholarships available so parents can attend this conference for free, if they cannot afford the $25. April 8th is just around the corner! His posts states to "Call Tom @745-3703 or email him at knestrictt@Xavier.edu " the tickets may go fast in case anyone is interested!! Plus the line-up of speakers look GREAT this year!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support Cincinnati Children's

Help Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

Discussion topics

Cincinnati Children's resources

Special Needs Resource Directory
Access tips and resources for your child with special needs.

Cincinnati Children's Health Topics
Learn more about your child's condition or procedure.

Cincinnati Children's Patient Stories
Read stories about other patients and families.

Family Resource Center
Access comprehensive, up-to-date information about your child's diagnosis or condition.

Palliative Care and Comfort Team
Learn how Palliative Care can help you and your child.

Community leaders

A note for members

This community is not to be used for registering complaints about physicians or other health care professionals. If you have a problem with a member of your child's health care team, please talk to your health care provider first.

If you have a concern related to your Cincinnati Children's experience, please contact our Patient/Family Advocates in the Division of Family Relations. They are available to help with any concern or complaint you may have. Simply call (513) 636-4700 or send an e-mail to advocates@cchmc.org and someone will assist you.

Please be respectful of the privacy of community members and their right to remain anonymous. If you know or recognize a fellow community member from their posts, please do not reveal any personal information about that member, such as their name, or their child's name or diagnosis.

Please review Inspire's Community Guidelines for additional information.