need some help w/ interstim

Hi my name is jessica... I just had a interstim put in (four days ago) my question is how long does it take for it to start working. I have to say i am not going as much as before but i still think i'm going more then anyone around me. I have my's on #2 i feel like someone is poking me on the #2 i'm a little sore but not too bad.I was using the bathroom about 4 to 5 times a hour. i always have trouble doing #2 the doctor said this might help me with that too. So i jump to do this hoping for some pace in my life....PLEASE! anyone how long did it take for your to start working..Does anyone also are trouble with #2 as well

6 replies. Join the discussion

I just went through the trial phase and it didn't work for me so the urologist removed it. I
am back self-cathing. When it works, it is great and believe me it does work for a great
number of people. I would keep calling doctor and medtronics rep. until they can get it
to work effectively.

I had interstim put in 1/5/2011 but for retention issues. What I noticed is that the "tapping" as I call it feels more intense once you change/up the volume....you do get use to it after a short while. If you still feel it then it is too high. It is also possible that you may need to meet with your medronic rep to re-calculate the programs. I had to do that. Two of my programs worked the other two seemed like they caused intense pain/burning. They recalculated it and it is fine. I have put it on program one mayb 2.0 I think volume. I have had it there and it works like a champ. I think it took about a month, after picking a program/volume and leaving it there so my body could get use to it for me to really notice it was working. I went back after two weeks of having it put in and they noticed changes in that I was not retaining as much...I didn't think it was working but it was. So some of it may be perception.

Thank you for your feedback... I started writing down today how many and what times I go to see in a couple of days does it get any better.I'm really hoping this works guys I'm only 32 and if I'm going like this now i would hate to see me in 10 years ..i turned mys up today its between 2 and 3 i feel a little poking..lol but its not that bad.i have to say i was so happy to see i can come and talk to you guys about this.. my family just see wires and a big beeper ..lol they really don't understand but was happy to know every time we go out I'm not running to the bathroom..lol You guys made my day. God bless

Hi--Just had the implant in on the 11th. Seems to be working, but concerned I may have overdone it. Didn't sit quiet or stay in bed. Not real sure what is "taking it easy"? Was working better the first nite. Actually able to feel the urge and make it there in time--3 times! Amazing! Not as good last nite. I'm at 1.9. Know they want me up to 2,0 by Mon. Thks for any feedback.

I just came home from the hospital. I did really good so I went ahead with it when I was on the trail I had it on #3 . And it took about three days for it to start working. But I'm super happy and would do it again sorry i took so long to get back didn't see it intl now. When i first started the trailed i had it on( # 2)but little by little i went on to have it on (#3) 4 was to high for me. Your body will get use to it good luck ....write back let me know how you doing. Waiting on this one to start working it might take about two days; )

Listen please folks. I have 2 Interstims and they do NOT work. They are preying on our desperation. I am in such pain and was going so often that i would have tried anything. I even begged repeatedly to have my bladder removed. It seems like the Interstim is working but when i complained that it wouldnt work at all i was told that the only answer was to have a second one implanted. I dont want to squash your hopes but i also dont want anyone to have false hope in their desperation for a solution. Alot of the folks that wind up with the Interstim have been misdiagnosed. They have Interstitial Cystitis. The Interstim cannot help with this even though many doctors will imply that it can help with the terrible pain. You will not get alot of warning about the leads migrating which means another surgery. You wont be told about the shocks and the numbness as well as pain and many other problems with them. When you realize that its voodoo science in my opinion the company will NOT assist you in any way whatsoever.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders