Bladder Cancer Donations for Wedding

I would like to raise awareness for BC at my wedding this September (in honor of my father who was diagnosed in May) by giving out BC ribbon pins and donating $2-3 per person to BC research in lieu of silly favors that people usually end up throwing away.

Does anyone have suggestions where I could buy ribbon pins in bulk (for 125 guests) and where is the best place to collect donations, if people want to give more? The cheaper I can find the pins the more we can donate, so I'm looking for an economical solution.

So far I found either this nice pin, which would be higher cost but a portion of the proceeds goes to cancer research:
http://www.choosehope.com/product/hope-for-a-cure-ribbon-pin
or
http://www.choosehope.com/product/ribbon-of-hope-pin/ribbon-of-hope-pin-bla dder-cancer-marigold-blue-purple

Or these stickers, which aren't as nice but then we could donate some directly to bladder cancer:
http://www.choosehope.com/product/ribbon-appliques-sheet-of-10/2017?cancer_ color_id=Bladder+Cancer+-+Marigold%2FBlue%2FPurple

Please let me know if you have any other ideas!

Thanks!

7 replies. Join the discussion

One year a group of us got together for another cause and made ribbons ourselves.

They were not difficult to make and came out really pretty.

Perhaps you could get a few volunteers to help and make the ribbons yourself to save on cost.

We used two different colors when we did our project, and they really were nice looking.

I think BCAN also sells bracelets and that may be another idea.

I like your idea...good luck and congrautlations on your wedding!

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl, That was the other idea I had, but since the wedding is so close I was just trying to figure out if there was something easier. I will contact BCAN directly as well to see if they have any suggestions.

Just another thought....found this on BCAN

New Water Bottles in the BCAN Store!
Show your BCAN pride and help raise awareness of bladder cancer by making a purchase from the BCAN store! We’ve just added water bottles to our selection of t-shirts, hats, polos, jewelry and more. Your purchase helps to support BCAN’s mission by funding awareness, education, advocacy and research for bladder cancer patients and their families.

I can't find the BCAN store, the only link I found on the BCAN website didn't work, could you send me the link to the store?

I have tried to do an on site search for BCAN store and oddly, all I could get was they have a new website. Something is not right. Perhaps writing to the BCAN staff will get us some answers as to where is a link for the BCAN store. It used to be here because I have ordered from it before. Maybe the site is under construction. Maybe make a new discussion asking where the BCAN store is...maybe that will get us some faster answers. I am baffled .

Cheryl

I emailed Laura, who was listed under donations, hopefully I'll hear back soon! :)

Hi There....

I may have someone who could help you!
One of our members here name BJ.
She is a lovely lady. I will privately email you.

Cheryl

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support BCAN

Help the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network

Discussion topics

Walk for Bladder Cancer May 3rd

Walk for Bladder Cancer

Resources from BCAN

BCAN on Facebook

Like the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network on Facebook

Community leaders