fef75%(L/sec) 0.74 0.87 85

fef25%-75%(l/sec) 112 114 98

fefmax(L/sec) 241 2.70 89

FIVC (L) 69

FIF MAX (L)sec 106

can you tell me if these are normal

2 replies. Join the discussion

THANKS FOR THE INFO I APPRECIATE IT

Seems like it to me. FEV1 is large airways, on several trials, and usually post bronchial dilator (albuterol). It shows 86%, 110% and 77% - different results because of effort, but three data points seems to say she has good function. They are % of expected (so, to load the tables, her age, weight, and height MUST be correct in a pediatric-calibrated system). The fev 25-75 is important as it represents the performance of the smaller airways, where o2 exchange takes place. So, 112, 114, 98% - that is where you would see drops in systemic 02 levels and where asthma really takes its toll. Ask specifically about the fluctuation in large airway, to confirm, but numbers are supposed to point to normal, obstructive or restrictive diseases. From a non-doctor, these seem okay. (Daughters is as low as 78% large and 58% small - many data points. Told around 50%, full time 02 support is required. She has serious asthma.)

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support AAFA

Help the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America

Discussion topics

Public Service Announcement

Links and Resources from AAFA

Community leaders