- By gliospouse
· New reply 4:13 pm
- Discussion in Grief and loss · 27 replies
- Thank you for the support over the period of my time I was caring for my husband with GBM. He passed away peacefully on Sunday evening. My son and I were there and it really was peaceful. He had not been ...
- By Karen1966
· New reply 3:00 pm
- Journal · 37 replies
- My husband was diagnosed with a grade 2 astrocytoma tumor in the left thalamus on September 27, 2013. He had 30 radiation treatments along temodar 140 mg throughout his treatments. He is now on the 23/5 ...
- By MickeyAnn
· New reply 2:39 pm
- Discussion in Living with a brain tumor · 15 replies
- Husband was diagnosed with a low grade Astrocytoma in 2007. Its in the speech area of brain. He opted for Temodar and radiation due to the location. It shrunk the tumor significantly. After about a year ...
- By jmvirwin
· New reply 2:14 pm
- Discussion in Caregiver corner · 25 replies
- My husband began having neurological symptoms in October, and was diagnosed with GBM in early November. His tumors were determined inoperable. He started radiation on 11/18 and will have his last treatment ...
- By LovelyLaura1313
· New reply 1:59 pm
- Discussion in Newly diagnosed · 2 replies
- I wanted to share these articles I found that provided me with some optimism for the future. One is from the University of California the other from Ohio State University. Much love to you all! -Laura ...
- By CJC44
· New reply 1:49 pm
- Discussion in Living with a brain tumor · 5 replies
- My dad has been on dex since his diagnosis of GBM in November. His Oncology Team wants him off the steroid and we can see that he needs to be off of them, as he is losing his muscling. His legs are so ...
- By Nicoleb1624
· New reply 1:36 pm
- Discussion in Treatments · 20 replies
- Hello everyone, I’m writing to find out everyone’s experience after the standard treatments are no longer working. My dad (only 58) was diagnosed with GBM IV in January 2013 after having a seizure at ...
- By ABTA_Jillann
· New reply 12:29 pm
- Discussion in ABTA events · 1 reply
- We're brain storming ideas for Brain Tumor Awareness Month. Tell us, what are some ways you would want to be involved? How do you think you can best make a difference ...
- By BillsMrs
· New reply 10:59 am
- Discussion in Treatments · 6 replies
- So I finally got the results of my EEG after waiting a month..... (long story about why it took so long to get the results)...... when I went to see my doctor in Nashville he informed me that in fact ...
- By gloria2344
· New reply 10:27 am
- Discussion in Treatments · 12 replies
- Hello, Anyone have thoughts or information on this type of treatment? It is called Novo TTF. Here is the link to the Ted Talk. Www.ted.com/talks/bill_doyle_treating_ca ncer_with_electric_fields.html My ...
- By jmvirwin
· New reply 3:13 am
- Discussion in Treatments · 35 replies
- Our NO keeps talking about Avastin as a treatment option. Pending the next MRI, he may recommend it. What was your experience with Avastin? Did it help? What were the side effects? Did it buy more time ...
- By Judimax
· New reply yesterday at 9:10 pm
- Journal · 31 replies
- Though Captain Ahab has not been posting for a few months, most of you are aware of him. This is to let you know that my husband, lover and best friend, Errol Hannigan aka Captain Ahab has passed on to ...
- By girlonfire
· New reply yesterday at 7:02 pm
- Discussion in Living with a brain tumor · 6 replies
- My family (mom and sister) have really disconnected with the brain cancer issue. My husband has a grade 2/3 oligo. My parents never ask about it. My sister doesn't either. I just asked my sister who doesn't ...
- By Rebecca2013
· New reply yesterday at 6:00 pm
- Discussion in Recovery · 2 replies
- Hello everyone, took some time off from the site,I'm back and recovery 8 months from menengioma brain surgery.Still unable to taste my food Dr,informed me it would return but it hasn't :(( I'm alive it's ...
- By Krick
· New reply yesterday at 5:35 pm
- Discussion in Caregiver corner · 13 replies
- My mom has gbm, recently we stopped chemo since it wasn't working. Although her MRI was ok per the dr, her condition worsened. Her dr recommended going to Duke, but now I don't know if she can make the ...
- By ABTA_Jillann
· Posted yesterday at 3:06 pm
- Discussion in In the news · 0 replies
- *Tocagen Doses First Patient Intravenously in Clinical Trial of Selective Cancer Therapy, Toca 511 & Toca FC http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1783498 *NW Bio Received Recommendation to Continue with Phase ...
- By sarahcpsy
· New reply yesterday at 12:42 pm
- Discussion in Recovery · 5 replies
- Hi My partner had a meningioma tumour on his left frontal lobe 5cm by 8cm by 2 cm flat. He had the tumour removed nearly 8 weeks ago. He recovered incredibly well. He was out of the hospital in 3 days ...
- By cdcannon
· New reply yesterday at 9:15 am
- Discussion in Treatments · 1 reply
- Does any one use this combination? I am considering as my latest trial did not go through for me. I am already doing Avastin with BCNU (will move to CCNU as soon as it's availabile). I have some Valcyte ...
- By BURI
· Posted yesterday at 4:32 am
- Journal · 0 replies
- Dear All My GBM Grade IV Tumor Suffering Friends , I want hightlight that I am GBM patient since 5 th February 2008 now just crossed 6 year & entering 7 year with my GBM . When my Dr advised me for one ...
- By girlonfire
· New reply March 10, 2014
- Discussion in Living with a brain tumor · 10 replies
- I just wanted to ask how everyone deals with knowing the brain tumor can come back any time. My husband had surgery in August for a oligodendrocytoma, grade 3. They said they got all the tumor. Now we ...
Things you can do
More from ABTA