surgery tomorrow

Well here it is. Time for my first surgery of two. I go to the hospital at 11am tomorrow and surgery at 1pm. We are removing my colon, large bowel, and left portion of my large intestines. Then he is going to tie everything up in a net and tack it up because of the pelvic floor dysfunction along with my GP. I am not expectin a bag, so let's pray that holds. I am just grateful to find some relief from extreme constipation.
In 3 to 6 months we will put in the pacer and feeding tube. We have to wait for the pacer first, which is very difficult for nutrition. I have 11 cases of Jevity 1Cal in my kitchen all ready to go. smiles
So with a tear in my eye, I am going forward through another door getting closer to finding my base to live from.
We all know what it is like to WAIT! Grrr
I cried so hard lastnight. Not from surgery fear, but from life expectency. You know my quality of life living with this disease.
My partner and I have been through 8 surgeries already. That is all I have been going through this whole time, then I get sick. Unreal! Can't be true!
Thank you all for helping me emotional and mentally prepared for the steps needed to move forward with surgery. I love you all and will post my results as soon as I get home.
Blessings,

Colleen

17 replies. Join the discussion

How'd the surgery go?

Praying that all went well and you have a speedy recovery.

Gods blessings on you Colleen. let us know how things turned out and how you are doing. I will be thinking of you. Hugs, O

Best of luck! I can't even imagine!

Oh Colleen I do hope all went well and that you are resting comfortably.

God speed.

Praying that all is going well today! Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery!

Hugs,
Mare

Best of luck! I'm praying for you and you're in my thoughts!

I will pray for you and your surgeon's gifts. bj

Best of luck for a skilled surgeon and a speedy recovery. Positive thoughts are coming your way.

Sending out prayers and positivity. You will be in my thoughts.

Colleen, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you healing thoughts. Do check in when you're feeling better and take good care of yourself after.

Shar

Good luck, I will keep you in my prayers

Colleen- I'll be praying for you to have a successful surgery and a quick recovery with excellent results! My thoughts will be with you tomorrow. Likely you will be very drugged for the next few days while you recuperate, so check in when you can next week some time!

I know surgery is scary- but the results can be so worth it!
HUGS-
Wendy

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Debra

Good luck colleen, be thinking of you. Hope everything goes well for you. Take Care x

Colleen,

You are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. The best to you and may God bless! HG

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support AGMD

Help the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Helpful links from AGMD

Community leaders