Holding fluids but dehydrated

How can I be doing this I had my feet in one position for 15min. And over an hour later the indention s were still there . I did the skin elasticity test on my hands and was schocked to see how dehydrated I still was . How could that be? It's right up there with the horrible diareaha and constipation . Will this thing ever level off?gastric stimulator /pacemaker surgery 3/17/11 thanks guys

8 replies. Join the discussion

Thanks I figure that's another symptom
I'm not diabetic either

My pulse tends to run way too high much of the time and my BP tends to run low or normal. And while I don't have diabetes or anything, I also know my blood sugar always runs quite low also.

Isn't swelling of your ankles and feet checked by how long your indentation stays after pushed in and hydration is slava skin pulled and stays up and lack of urination . And what kind of bp and pulse does everyone run ?

You know, I think I have this same issue. I drink a lot of water and I bloat a lot yet seem to be dehydrated often. I also have a weird salt craving much of the time. And I am constantly lightheaded often to a degree so severe I can't concentrate or do much of anything. And whenever I end up in the ER getting fluids I feel so remarkably better for a day or do, more energy, way less dizzy, etc. Then it all comes back.

The other day when I went for my colonoscopy, I was so bloated I looked pregnant but so severely dehydrated they had a ton of problems with me. Like way more than expected. And I get that obviously the colonoscopy prep dehydrated me. But the problems I had are so common even when chronically constipated! It took forever and a lot of pokes to get an IV in, my heart rate was super high even though I wasn't nervous, and I was so weak and miserable. But that tends to be the case whenever I am in the ER and pretty much in general.

I felt great after my colonoscopy and the next day. They gave me extra fluids. And oh how those fluids always help me so much! I wish I could IV fluids frequently. Because now two days later I am back to being extremely weak and super lightheaded. I hate it so much and I really do wonder if it's a salt or hydration issue. But I don't know what to do. I drink water constantly through out the day.

I drink now no tubes and I know the drs say drink drink, but our stomach will only allow so much during a certain time period. Thanks for the prayers . You are in mine too. Be Well ! Cyndi

I have no answers for you just wanted to wish you the best in this struggle. Can you drink or is all your fluid by tube. I will keep you in the prayers.
Your Friend
JoAnna

Thanks for the reply .it always helps to hear you aren't the only one how does your bp run ?
Mine is staying around 100-90/48-62.my husband wants to know when I won't tire out so easily. At present I'm up at 6:00 and run a large home daycare of 20-30 children . I have a helper when I need one but like many of you money is tight and I'm very good at doing this myself . That means breakfast ,get schoolagers out to school ,short learning center change diapers potty train two year olds snack ,outside play weather permitting,lunch ,naps while i clean bathrooms ,kitchen ,and load book sacks. The kids sleep 1 1/2 hrs then we ( I) do the diapers and potty time and snacks followed by outside play and smile and be all sonshine and rainbows to some very picky parents who it's like pulling teeth to get the wkly money out of ..
Then time to start supper and kids leave around 6:30 .I got my permenet pacemaker 3/17/11 .and yes by days end and with all the fun of having GP I'm exhausted by 7:30

Hi, no answers, just questions like you! I swell up in my right leg an foot and will gain 5# and then the next day be down 6-7# and still not have a vein to use and my skin stays up, dehydrated to the max. I run hydration via IV plus TPN and don't know how to balance the situation. I have days I crave salt but I don't think that is the swelling issue. so like I said, no answers, just questions like you! wish you well! aloha

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support AGMD

Help the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Helpful links from AGMD

Community leaders