gastroparisis and food allergies

Has anyone been diagnsed with food allergies that have gastroparisis? I was diagnosed with clams,wheat,soybeans,peanuts,walnuts,almonds ect. Is it from having gastro? Anyone? what now?

23 replies. Join the discussion

Is your gp from dysautnomia?
People with dysautonomia can commonly have problems with food allergies because the autonomic nervous system doesn't control histamines properly.

I am allergic to watermelon, cantalope, grapes, any brambleberries, shellfish, blueberries, and have become lactose intolerant and severe gluten intolerant. Unfortunately, the list seems to keep growing. Thank you for mentioning dysautonomia, I am being checked for problems with autonomic issues.

I do not have food allergies, but my GI did test for that. A big connection between food allergies and dysmotility has been a recent discovery.

ive never heard of it,but i see a nerologist on wedensay for a nerve probblem in my face and ill ask about it. Ive had terrible itching and hives on my body for a month now. I cant sleep at night cause I itch so bad and im leaving bruses. The doctor gave me a perscition,but it only takes the edge off. I hate to add one more problem on. I think its starting to earitate my hubby. Thanks.

My son has multiple severe food allergies. He's allergic to milk, soy, wheat, corn, beef, banana, peanut, chicken, and eggs. His GI said it is common for food allergy kids to have GP. they are connected in some way, i just haven't asked in what way yet cuz we're still looking for diagnosis for other issues.

I too have allergies to many foods, all glutens, dairy, eggs, almonds. This has been a recent development. The kinds of foods I can eat seems to be dwindling at an alarming rate!

Count me in for food allergies too..... peanuts, walnuts and shellfish. Many, many drug allergies too.... all trial and error unfortunately leading to anaphylactic reactions :( Lots of environmental allergies.... too many items to list (or remember LOL). I wonder if there is a connection between all these allergies and gastroparesis and colonic inertia?? Interesting....

I too have alot of eviromental allergies too. Too many to list.I to think it must all be linked to the illness. I just want answers. I thought that I was doing better and bam,it all hits me at once. I think there was signs but I didnt head them. Oh well. On to the next bout of crap.

Forgot to mention, most of the food allergies caused from the autonomic aspect of it all are mainly fruits, vegetables and nuts.

Here's an article by CNN about one of the food allergy conditions from dysautonomia, called Oral Allergy Syndrome, or OAS (I have this):

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-04-08/health/oral.allergy.syndrome_1_allergy-s hots-pollen-allergies-oral-allergy-syndrome?_s=PM:HEALTH

i learned, when I was seeking alternative healing, that there is something called the leaky gut syndrome. when you are not digesting correctly, it leads to a host of other issues (malnutrition, weakness, low blood sugar)

i was told to trick my system, i needed to stay away from allergens for at least 6 mos. to a year. Depending on what your tests show.
eat other whole foods every two hours in small portions.
this will cause the body to not build an allergy to anything.
if you eat the same thing all the time, your body will build an allergy to it b/c your immune system is low.
So the trick is to eat something different every three days.
chicken one day or two, the next turkey, etc.
cooked veggies like carrots, then zuccini, etc.

look it up and arm yourself with information.

I'm just wondering to all those who have food allergies, what are your reactions. Blood tests show that I'm allergic to wheat, milk, bananas, peanuts, almonds, and broccoli. However, my only reaction to these foods is nausea, but sometimes I'll be fine if I eat any of those foods. How do I know if the nausea is caused by the food or GP? I've cut all these foods out and I'm doing no better and no worse. So frustrating.

my food allergies are hives,exstreame itching all over my body. ive had problems with my throat where it feels like a lump in it when i swallow,swelling and my voice has changed. It sounds like I have a cold and my voice goes out on me. My throat gets dry and its hard to swallow,but I never know when its gong to happen. Its been like this for a month. I have no bacteria or infection that shows in my blood. Go figure.

Hi pickles,k

Do you keep an epipen with you for emergencies?

Lonerider;
i looked at your history and it looks like you have bacteria. a lot of that starts with a stomach bug. and sometimes it does not go away without a powerful bacteria killer.
i had the same diagnosis. none. so with that in mind, I would look for SilverSol30 and take a teaspoon a day for 2 weeks.
Seriously. I go to a Naturopath and they prescribe this all the time.
The asst. there had almost the same story as you. She tried a whole lot of different stuff and nothing common was taking it away. She took the SilverSol 30 and she was back to normal.

You're not gonna find this info out from GP's.
Many blessings.

My reactions to food allergies are SEVERE and happen oh so fast. Within seconds I get tingling in my tongue and my mouth itches, wheezing and coughing uncontrollably, shaking, clammy, paleness, hives, major gastro upset (like diarrhea is imminent or vomitting... hard to tell in the moment), and eventually I cannot breathe at all. I have had to go on life support more than once due to food allergies. YES I now carry many epipens.... they are all over my house now too. I have had a few anaphylactic reactions to med allergies too, but the food ones have been the absolute worst. Anyone with any issues with allergies needs to be diligent at avoiding the offending allergen at all costs. Just because one allergic reaction is minor one time does not mean that is how it will be on the next exposure. Please please be careful... your life depends on it!!!

Darla, believe it or not I've already tried SilverSol30 for about 2 months and it didn't help. Thanks for the advice anyways though. I appreciate it.

Darn! Well... I hope you find the answer. Believe me, I have searched like crazy as well for my answers.
You will find it! I'm sure! And there are good Dr.s out there. I went through a bunch of clueless one's and through
my hairdresser, I found one. haha I love my other Dr. too. She nursed me back to health practically. She would even make home calls to encourage me on my diet and say , "It takes time."
The Dr. I found in Austin has gotten soooo busy in the last year that his lobby is full of patients.
Aaaand he doesn't hardly advertise. But almost everyone gets great results with him. It's practically word of mouth.

Many Blessings again,
darla

My bloodwork did not show allergies to the foods I most react to. Grapes give me hives, things like raspberries cause hives, an itchy mouth and I can't breath. The melons cause a fine itchy rash from head to toe.

Im carring an epie pen around that was an extra from my son. When I eat almonds my mouth itches and my lips swell and itch. It never dawned on me it may be an allergy.Ill try the solsilver. Anything is worth a try.They checked for bacteria and infection and found none. Well have to waite and see. I am staying away from all those foods,but its hard being a cook for a livng.

I hope it works for you, pickles!
I have been telling everyone on here who's sole diagnosis that GP is a symptom of something.
When my whole health Dr. told me that I felt the weight of the world off my shoulders.
You can get better you just have to find your path to healing. And it's different for everyone. And after you've run the gamut
of tests from your Gastro Dr. and the best they can do is a stomach pacer and an endless amount of ppi's, it's time to get the hay out of there.
There were different natural meds I used to get better, in the beginning (see my conversations)
but the foundation to all good health is a whole foods diet.
Anything on top of that is "peach cream", meaning vitamins, minerals and such.

blessings,
dar

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support AGMD

Help the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Helpful links from AGMD

Community leaders