Xgeva and Femara

My Onc recently put me on Xgeva and Femara after 6 rounds of Chemo (TAC). Would appreciate any feedback on these two drugs.

5 replies. Join the discussion

I was on Femara for 3 years and had no side effects at all. Then it stopped working and I was put on another drug. As for Xgeva, I have been on it for about 7 months and have also had no side effects. I get a shot in the stomach, alternating sides each month. Good luck - in my opinion these are both great drugs. I didn't take them at the same time so I don't know if that will make a difference but I doubt it will.

I was on Femara for around 3 years and for the first 3 or 4 months I got a lot of joint pain and then it got better. It was tough at first but it got better, Xgevea for at least 8 to 12 months. And, yes I was on them both at the same time. I would take both of these drugs any day over chemo. I stopped the Femara because I am on a vaccine trial, but hope it works well enough so I can go back on femara.
All the Best to you,
Lisa

Thank you Scottymom and Lisa (Liveon) for your responses they are very helpful!

I'm taking Xgeva with Faslodex- have been on it for a year and it has kept my bone mets stable. I find the treatment very tolerable, and wouldn't have a problem with staying on it forever if it kept working. I think I had a headache after my first Xgeva shot, but after that, no side effects.

Thank you Sorrybones for the update how long have you been on Xgeva and Faslodex?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders