Support from my Students and Teacher friends!

When I arrived to start my chemo today I recieved a text directing me to go to our school web site...

www.generals.ws
(Please check it out before they change it!!)

It was a wonderful show of support from my former students and teacher friends all dressed in pink for me with a caption under it the read "We love you, Mrs. Cumbaa"

It brought a great big smile to my face and chemo wasn't any big deal on "cloud 9".

Jenni

Edited September 15, 2010 at 10:40 pm

17 replies. Join the discussion

I could not help but feel so touched by this outpouring of support by these kids. Brings tears to my eyes, this is so special.

I worked at a High School for 10yrs. and I miss the kids, their inspirations, and the environment of the school. The school, and kids are just so darned fun to be around. I know you miss them dearly.

Priceless!

i am not a big "pink" person but this just warmed my heart. it was their way of saying LOVE.
it was perfect.
how blessed we are with those who surround us.

that is precious!!!! What a sweet school!!!!! Hope your chemo went well....I would have gone in smiling too...

That is precious!

Hope that smile is still on your face and stays there for a VERY long time! Great support there!!

WOW!!!! That was so very moving.....Brought tears of happiness to my eyes.......So very nice to see how much people really care.... Keep this picture in your mind when you need to. So beautiful.....Continue to do well with your health and may you always be blessed with love and happiness,,,,,LIVE, LOVE, and LAUGH.....

How very lovely. I think I would have cried all through the treatment!

How wonderful that you have that love and support with you - you are a loved lady :)

WONDERFUL show of support!!!!!! Warns ny heart1

Warms ................. my heart!!!

That was SO cool! I'm sure that you'll remember that picture and how you felt when you first saw it forever.

Can they give you a copy of the photo so you can take it to future treatments with you, or have somewhere at home. This is when 'Pink' has real meaning as a sign of support for an individual and as a way of showing that support from the heart. How wonderful of them to think of doing this. Love and hugs to ALL of you.

Vicki xxx

How wonderful is that! I am a teacher too, and last year when I was going through my treatment, my students and the teachers at my school were a wonderful blessing. I think we have the best profession in the world!
I hope your treatments are going well!

That must be a great feeling. My daughter went to Washington years ago for the short time we lived in Greenville. Great school. Isn't it great to feel that kind of love.
Thinking about you
Charlotte

Coming from a former teacher of 29 years,( the big C forced me into reitrement) I know that you will cherish this and all of the memories you have of your students and teacher friends. We who had or have the chance to teach are truely blessed. Julieanne

That's fabulous! My school wears pink every Thursday for me, they even had shirts made! They did this the first time around 2 years ago and this week when I went back into chemo they re-instated pink day. It's a real boost of support! My new principal even brought me a dozen pink roses.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders