Iexempra and xeloda

I know this isn't really a new topic, but I am interested in finding anyone who can help me with the muscle spasms that are involved with iexempra. I have researched the combo and found that esssentially it's the iexempra that is causing the problem but I've found nothing re. what to do to help deal with them. I have iexempra every 3 weeks and am on xeloda 14 days and off for 7.

3 replies. Join the discussion

I had terrible muscle spasms with halaven, I found heat ( plenty of heating pads around the house) was the only thing that helped.

Hi Deb9

I have just finished 6 doses of Ixempera and the 14 days on 7 days off cycle of Xeloda! Phew!!

I agree with Fragilistic, heat is a great for the aches and pains. I have also used an antiinflammatory called Arthrotec. That helped tremenously. It is a horrible horrible side effect and I emphathise with you totally. Im also a great believer that no one needs to be in pain and I am sure there is something your ONC can prescribe or suggest for you.

How are you managing otherwise? Any other major side effects? I must say I battled with stomach/gastric issues and nausea on about day 9 or 10 for about a week....I can only assume that was the Xeloda accumulating and kicking in.

Stay in touch Deb...I dont know anyone else who is on this combo so although I have just finished it would be great to keep in touch with you

Sending lots of love

Sally

I am terrible with oral medications, generally have allergic reactions to them, so most medications that are out there I have to approach with great caution, since I'm also hypersensitive to bendryl so I generally have an allergic reaction and wind up in ER for a dose of epinephrine to counter the reaction. I do greatly appreciate the knowledge about the heat though, I will certainly try it. As for the nausea, I've been blessed in that I have never had a problem with nausea in all the times I've been on chemo. I don't tolerate the medication that's generally given for nausea anyway, so this is a good thing. I did have Iloxi once and it has a 3-5 days carry over time and it lasted 9 days on me and caused massive constipation which didn't help with the pain either. So, 2 down and 4 to go yet. I read that some had been on Iexempra and opted to go with infusions weekly x 3 weeks and they mentioned the spasms were tolerable, have you heard anything about this?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders