So I thought I would try this whole journal entry thing. Perhaps keeping a record somewhere would help me see the miracles along the way. April 29 I had CHF. Turns out I had Cardiomyopathy (due to a virus <?>).
My ejection fraction is 20-25%.. but the last echo was closer to 20.
Since heart failure I have noticed:
1) I am not sick any more. This leads me to think I had CM for a lot longer than I thought. All those times I thought I had an upper respiratory infection due to sinuses... CM. So I am feeling better.
2) I fall asleep at the drop of a hat. At the movies today with my kids, I fell right asleep and I was enjoying the movie so it was not out of boredom.
3) I have lost a ton of weight - though this is because I watch my sodium and water intake so much that it has triggered my past eating disorders. I'm working on that.
4) I have quit smoking
5) I no longer drink (was never a big one to begin with)
6) No caffeine
7) I am goal oriented and have slowed down to focus on those goals.
My goals are:
1) being alive to raise my kids.
2) 3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.
I am a single mom. I may not be working outside the home but I certainly kill it here at home. I have six children and homeschool them all. My oldest will graduate this year.
I am trying to sell my house so I can move across the country.
In case you're wondering my name is NOT talitha but it comes from the Bible (clearly I am a big fan of Jesus) Mark 5:41 ......"Talitha kum!" (which
translated means, "Little girl, I say to you, get up!")
I feel after my husband walking out on all seven of us, the heart failure along with whatever else you want to add to this... God is telling me to GET UP.. get with it. So I am, slowly, but surely.
My latest concern is the dosage uppage of coreg.
* Lisiniprol 10 mg
*Coreg WAS 12.5 twice daily. now she wants me to take 12.5 in the AM and 25 in the evening. OK.. I am all anxious about this. That brings me to why I take:
I guess that is all for now.
Oh.. for record's sake.. I had a heart cath done in the hospital. I have no blockages. The nurse told me recently I have almost no chance of a heart attack because of this. yay.. however I am at risk of sudden death. awesome. :/ So they are thinking of a defib later this year. Praying that things improve. After all, He is the Master Physician.