aortic aneurysm again

I got a letter for appiontment for CT angiogram aorta, I was diagnosed two years ago with dillated cardiomyopthy & 3.5 cm Thorastic Aortic anueysm no 2. i say no 2 because 6 year ago. I had a major op for a 5.5 cm aortic aneurysm nr my kidneys. it saved my life. at 41 years old. all the info says over 60 years old & I dont smoke.
it took many years to recover. left me nerve damage in my legs& long scar. but i'm alive

It maybe all that happens is after CT scan. the doctors say just scan it in another year. I have been through once at least this time it not a emergency whatever happens. I'm be looked after, i'm glad my doctors found the my anuerysms. it can be treated.

Things you can do

Support WomenHeart

Help WomenHeart reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  WomenHeart

Discussion topics

Heart health links and resources

The SCAD Ladies Stand Up -- Read the special report

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The information provided by this online support network through WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Inspire is for general informational purposes only. The information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. If you are ill, or suspect that you are ill, see a doctor immediately. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease never recommends or endorses any specific physicians, products or treatments for any condition.