The Top 10 Benefits of Cold Weather

Dog poop doesn't stick to your shoes.

There's no need to lock the back door because it's frozen shut.

The dogs don't get on the sheets with muddy paws.

There's no need to worry about driving the car because it probably won't start.

You don't have to bathe the kids because the water pipes are frozen.

The house will get warm without electricity because it caught fire when you tried to thaw out the pipes.

If it gets below zero, you can entertain yourself by throwing water in the air and watching it freeze before it hits the ground.

Your nose doesn't run when you go outside. (Warning: It runs like a faucet when you come inside).

You get to buy new furniture because you use the old stuff for fuel in the wood stove when you run out of wood.

You can walk on water.

6 replies. Join the discussion

So funny! Makes me glad I live out here on the balmy west coast....

XOXOXO

I can tell you live in Michigan LOL.

I needed this today. Thanks!! Kareno

I'm sorry, but there ARE no benefits to cold weather.

LOL

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It's 60 here and I'm freezing!!! I prefer 110 degrees, thank you very much........LOL

Your wimpy friend,
Dana

That sounds like the good ole days when you went to bed early to get warm, no heat no running water ..boy did i come up a bit. It is a bit cold in jersey tonight .I had my cath last wed. and it really was not so bad..i did
n't take any happy juice so only had to stay an hour .
My dr. did the plug thing, glad thats over with , now for the tee..hope all is well with everyone and keeping warm..
Love to all , Liz

I can think of a few more! I have fewer hot flashes and migraines in the winter! I can actually do some yard work without fear of heatstroke. I'm sooo thankful its fall now and I can finally sleep comfortably and wear soft comfy sweaters.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support WomenHeart

Help WomenHeart reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  WomenHeart

Discussion topics

Heart health links and resources

The SCAD Ladies Stand Up -- Read the special report

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The information provided by this online support network through WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Inspire is for general informational purposes only. The information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. If you are ill, or suspect that you are ill, see a doctor immediately. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease never recommends or endorses any specific physicians, products or treatments for any condition.