Happy Heart Month everyone! Hope you are rockin’ the red to show support for women with heart disease. Even my boys wore their red shirts today. Just as a quick reminder for us all about the importance of this day and the weeks ahead:
• Heart disease is the leading cause of death of American women and men, killing more than one in three each year.
• Nearly 43 million women are currently living with or at risk for some form of cardiovascular disease.
• Women are four times more likely to die from heart disease than all cancers combined.
• Women are less likely to receive treatment according to cardiovascular disease prevention guidelines.
• Women are underrepresented in clinical trials.
In honor of the cardiologists who keep us healthy, let’s raise a mug to them today! For our topic, let's discuss how many of us have cardiologists with experience treating SCAD? (Mine told me after the fact that he had one SCAD patient who was awaiting heart transplant.) Are you the first SCAD case your doctor has seen? Or one of many?