Pain between shoulder blades

Hey All,
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and taking the time to help others, I truly appreciate your kindness.
I am a 42 yr old female
I have severe (charley horse,stabbing, pulsating) pain between my shoulder blades( mostly R sided). I have experienced the pain briefly and did not pay any attention to it, until the other day. I started having the pain at aprx. 7:30 am I had it for 12 hrs straight, all I could do was lie on my left side and not move. I slept for most of the day. I woke at 2 am with the pain lasting only aprx 10 minutes.
I again got the pain a few days later at 9 am and it lasted for aprx. 20 - 30 mins.
I have been also having severe pain in my arms (feels like a blood pressure cuff is to tight) from the top of my shoulders inside my arms radiating into my hands and sometimes fingers. My arms feel very weak and sometimes the pain causes me to hunch over pulling my shoulders forward.
I have no chest pain.
My doctor is aware of my symptoms and told me to go to the ER if it happens again.
My dear friend continues to try and convince me that it is heart related, I just can't seem to wrap my brain around that idea.
Are my symptoms typical of heart related issues?
Thank you for any and all thoughts , I am grateful to all of you for your time.

2 replies. Join the discussion

yes go to er i just suffered major heart attack cpr done 24 times to keep me alive make sure they take you serious, they didnt me i have fibro with chronic pain blamed everything on that, cardiac doc said they were all signs, dont wait and best of luck

Thank you Misalash - I'm so very happy to hear you survived such a trauma, and I hope you are doing well.
Thank you for sharing with me.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support WomenHeart

Help WomenHeart reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  WomenHeart

Discussion topics

Heart health links and resources

The SCAD Ladies Stand Up -- Read the special report

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The information provided by this online support network through WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Inspire is for general informational purposes only. The information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. If you are ill, or suspect that you are ill, see a doctor immediately. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease never recommends or endorses any specific physicians, products or treatments for any condition.