Is Bystolic better then Metoprolol?

So I am on Metoprolol at the moment...but my doctor is switching me to Bystolic because it is supposed to work better. I have some nasty side effects such as insomnia, hallucinations, and fatigue. And according to her Bystolic has less of those effects. Has anyone found that bystolic works better?

3 replies. Join the discussion

Works ok...now weird SE..BP down. However with my insurance plan the co-pay was $50/month...which with my many other meds was a hardship. So I had to switch back to Coreg.

Yes, for me Bystolic is much better. I struggled so much with fatigue with Toprol (I had been on it for 3 1/3 years) so a year ago I was switched to Bystolic. It works well for me and blood pressure/ heart rate remain good.

Thanks to both of you!
I am more optimistic now!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support WomenHeart

Help WomenHeart reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  WomenHeart

Discussion topics

Heart health links and resources

The SCAD Ladies Stand Up -- Read the special report

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The information provided by this online support network through WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Inspire is for general informational purposes only. The information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. If you are ill, or suspect that you are ill, see a doctor immediately. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease never recommends or endorses any specific physicians, products or treatments for any condition.