Can anyone help???

Hi all, I've been for my pre op assessment for my angio today and when I returned home I had the letter from my exercise test it read as follows...

Exercise test stopped after 3 minutes and 50 seconds die to increasing ST depression, chest pain and shortness of breath. There was inferolateral ST depression of greater than 1.5 mm and also ST elevation in AVR noted. Blood pressure was adequate and recovery was delayed.

Does anyone know what this means? If I had the letter before I went then I could've asked.

Thanks all

Cindylou xxx

2 replies. Join the discussion

The ST depression means you were having ischemia (not enough blood flow) to the heart muscle represented by those leads. The inferolateral refers to the bottom and side of the heart. This ST elevation (also sign of ischemia) is likely to be associated with the circumflex artery. This web page shows a nice illustration of the vessels: http://www.froedterthealth.org/community-memorial/heart/working-heart

Here's a picture that shows the area supplied by the left anterior descending artery (red) and the circumflex (yellow): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Heart_coronary_territories.jpg

My treadmill test before my cardiac arrest was similar after a longer time .Then going in weekly asking why not being referred to a Cardiology Dept .

But this is UK that only allow one condition so you are Low Priority or else refer via a call centre to anyone by using a shortened, by those on corprate remits, the medical online record.
You definitely need to follow up with stress tests & angiogram .

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support WomenHeart

Help WomenHeart reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  WomenHeart

Discussion topics

Heart health links and resources

The SCAD Ladies Stand Up -- Read the special report

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The information provided by this online support network through WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Inspire is for general informational purposes only. The information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. If you are ill, or suspect that you are ill, see a doctor immediately. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease never recommends or endorses any specific physicians, products or treatments for any condition.