Buzzing sensation in chest

Hi all, I suffer from PVCs and PACs that resulted after bi-lateral pulmonary embolisms last April. Since then it's been a complete *blank*storm of symptoms, but the most recent one I can't seem to find much information on. I was lying on my right side watching Netflix (The Wonder Years :D) and got this strange 'buzzing' sensation in my chest. Like I had an electric current going through my chest. Every time I got a PAC, I could feel the current stop, and then start up again after the extra beat. Anybody else have similar experiences and know what it is, and if I should be concerned about it?

11 replies. Join the discussion

I had something very similar for a year before my triple bypass. I had a perfectly normal stress test and 24 hour holter monitor showed nothing (of course it only happened a few times a month and not on cue). My doctor laughed and said "maybe your breast is just buzzing". I finally found a new doctor, had a heart cath done and had major blockages. I've not experienced this is the 2 1/2 years since. Not trying to scare you but get it checked out.

I have blockages and waiting to go for a stent. I am also have a strange sensation but so far not in my chest. If I'm laying quiet I'm feeling a slight vibration almost like a steady purring in places like my stomach back, and leg, weird !!! It comes and goes.

I have blockages and waiting to go for a stent. I am also have a strange sensation but so far not in my chest. If I'm laying quiet I'm feeling a slight vibration almost like a steady purring in places like my stomach back, and leg, weird !!! It comes and goes.

I'm 28 currently, and my cholesterol & triglycerides are higher than my doctor wants them to be. He doesn't think that blockages are anything that we have to worry about at this point. He didn't have an answer to my inquiry aside from the typical 'it's anxiety' which seems to be the whipping boy for any weird symptoms I get.

Yes Jillie, that's what I'm describing. Purring/whirring sensations, like I've got a little motor running. I've had a friend recommend an electrophysiologist, hopefully I can see him & see if anything's out of whack there.

I occasionally had strange sensations through my feet when they were on the floor. It felt like some kind of current was running through my feet. I thought there was something in my house causing it but then I felt it when I was at my office. It came and went every so often but seems to have disappeared after having surgery to repair my mitral valve. I never mentioned this to my doctor because I didn't think he would take me seriously.

I get this. Started off three years ago with quick bursts usually during transition of sleep. From sleep to awake or vice versa. I know get it when I wake but a lot slower. It must be slow blood flow. I don't have any blockages in main vessels but have heart failure symptoms so must be related to that. Mentioned it to doc who thought I was mad!

I've gotten that vibrating in my chest. 2 things I can tell you: I was told that I have extra heartbeats, probably pacs or pvcs, and I do get that vibrating. So it may come from that. Happens while I'm asleep, feel it when I wake up.

2. i have read on other webistes, people were asking about the vibrating, but were not mentioning other heart probems, and it seems the doctors dont know what the vibrating is.

I do believe there are certain blockages that can produce a sound. I just went in for a heart cath and had a new stent placed where a bypass had failed. Right before being taken back to the cath lab one of my nurses was sitting there listening to my heart and was saying hmmmm and then she rechecked again and she asked me if I had ever been told I had a heart murmer which I quickly denied ever being told that and she was like hmmm...I will be curious to find out if they find out you have a murmer or what that is.

I could not heart anything but apparently the nurse did, so who says some people wouldn't be able to hear the same noise a nurse can hear through a stethoscope???

But definitely get it checked out and make sure they really check it out!!!!

Cindy

I, too, get that buzzing/vibrating feeling in my chest and on down into my abdomen. Feels like I swallowed a cell phone set on vibrate. LOL

I also have the sensation of electric currents running through my heart, brain, stomach, and spine. Sometimes, I even feel it in my crotch. I hate the feeling. It is very disconcerting.

I have mentioned it to 5 doctors. The first wanted to put me on anti-psychotics. I shucked him off really fast and found a new GP. He suggested getting some tests done.

Researching this, I found several websites where people posted having these symptoms after taking anti-psychotics, anti-depressants, or anti-anxiety medication.

Have you been on any of those? Cymbalta was also mentioned as a culprit.

Hmmm. Or, maybe, during one of my surgeries, they actually did microchip me and it is sending out radio frequency signals, which are interfering with my central nervous system.

After many years of pac's and SVT, I never really had the vibratory sensation until I progressed to atrial fib. TigerWiger has it right... it literally feels like you've swallowed a cell phone or beeper on "vibrate". I feel the vibration instantly, followed shortly by SOB and chest pain. Fortunately, with a stiff dose of Multaq and a pacemakers it doesn't happen very often any more.

Terri

After many years of pac's and SVT, I never really had the vibratory sensation until I progressed to atrial fib. TigerWiger has it right... it literally feels like you've swallowed a cell phone or beeper on "vibrate". I feel the vibration instantly, followed shortly by SOB and chest pain. Fortunately, with a stiff dose of Multaq and a pacemaker it doesn't happen very often any more.

Terri

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support WomenHeart

Help WomenHeart reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  WomenHeart

Discussion topics

Heart health links and resources

The SCAD Ladies Stand Up -- Read the special report

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The information provided by this online support network through WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Inspire is for general informational purposes only. The information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. If you are ill, or suspect that you are ill, see a doctor immediately. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease never recommends or endorses any specific physicians, products or treatments for any condition.