Blue ring in toilet from MY copper??

I was just thinking how I've told a few doctors over the last few years that I have been having a blue ring around the toilet in my home that I use the most. You see, I get up in the middle of the night to urinate, and I don't flush because I don't want to wake anyone. With no kids left at home, sometimes I don't get back to that specific bathroom until noon or so. So, every night, my urine sits for about 12 hours in the same toilet.

I have, of course, read up on things that cause "blue urine". None of those really apply. BUT, I was just reading an online article that says if you have a blue ring in your toilet, to suspect copper in your water. My other toilets do not have a blue ring, so I am suspecting it has to do with my urine!!

I can say this with confidence, as I used to use another toilet in my house for the nightly void, and it developed a blue ring. This was alot of years ago, probably 20. Since then, we have replaced the toilet and I switched to a different bathroom(so I could have my own), and now a blue ring in this one, but never developed in the other replaced one.

Anyone else notice this with them?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Wilson Disease Association

Help the Wilson Disease Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Wilson Disease Association

Discussion topics

Community leaders