John Hopkins

I have decided to go get surgery at John Hopkins on a fistual that I have been dealing with for more than a year. My question is I need to be over there in MD for about a month and finding lodging is expensive. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any places that cater to patients who are out of state and need to go there and get treated? Help!!!

Report post

2 replies. Join the discussion

Call the main number, and ask if they have a patient assistance program, and/or patient financial aid program... In my experience most hospitals - especially teaching hospitals have a number of programs for folks in your situation: at the very least there are often special patient rates at hotels nearby and they will have a list of participating hotels... Because it is a very reputable med school as well, I suspect they will be well endowed; you need to ask them, and don't be afraid to ask several different departments since not all staff can possibly know everything about what is there....

Report post

thank you so much:) Dawn

Report post

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the VHL Alliance

Help the VHL Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the VHL Alliance

Discussion topics

From the VHL Alliance

Community leaders